Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 14, 2010, 08:36:25 PM
A complete history of my Sexual FailuresMovie on C4 last night

One of the funniest films i have ever seen. Did anyone else see it?

I thought it was original compelling and laugh out funny. The phonecall from the producer 15mins in was comedy gold.  :D

Please watch it, i nearly started a thread on its own so more people would read it, you have to see it, especially inbetweeners fans..

Caught probably the 2nd half of it sligonian; v enjoyable; what did the producer say to him??

Thought him singing to the therapist was a bit "tryin to be ali g", and runnin round the street askin for a shag didnt ring true for me; but apart from that, twas v funny, and even touching the time he spoke to thon one that he obv had some feelings for;

and what was he doin lettin the nympho get away eh??!!

cookstownblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 15, 2010, 11:10:44 AM
I am not sure if Back to the Future is still on there.

There is a new one out about your boy who created Facebook, looks decent.

Yeah. The Social Network. The story of Mark Zuckerberg. Probably would be a good one. That fella out of Zombieland (very under-rated show) is in it as well as Justin Timberlake. Might give that a look. Thanks!

Santino

Highly recommend Social Network. Eisenberg and JT both v good in it.
The Town really good as well.
Flatmate says Buried isnt great.

shawshank

watched Blue Velvet last night on TCM. Thought it was areal good movie, very dark and disturbing in places. Thought Denis Hooper was excellent. Anyone else see it.

Billys Boots

Blue Velvet's definitely in my top 10 - Dennis Hopper's 'Frank' is one of the worst 'baddie' performances ever.  Highly recommended, but not for everyone.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

I watched The Day of The Jackal the other night, great show.

Saw Looking For Eric last night, decent enough show with some great Cantona moments in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Seen "My name is Khan" last night. Great show for what it was worth. Very moving dram and insight into Asbergers Syndrome, Acting was superb and the story was great.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

I saw Mr Nice and Made in Dagenham yesterday.

Mr Nice is very good. It is about the dope smuggler Howard Marx. 8 pit of 10

Made in Dagenham is ok. Another true story about women in the UK ford factory going on strike for equal pay in the 1960s. 7 0ut of 10.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 15, 2010, 04:16:48 PM
I saw Mr Nice and Made in Dagenham yesterday.

Mr Nice is very good. It is about the dope smuggler Howard Marx. 8 pit of 10

Made in Dagenham is ok. Another true story about women in the UK ford factory going on strike for equal pay in the 1960s. 7 0ut of 10.

Thought Mr Nice was distinctly average. They made an absolute **** of that IRA guy and it was far too long. I've been told the book is very good but I thought the film was a bit of a let down. 4/10.

Very excited about seeing the Social Network next week. I'm a huge Aaron Sorkin fan and anything I've read has given a good review so I hope it lives up to it!

maggie

Going to the cinema-its not my turn to choose though. Think its that facebook one so hope its good.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: maggie on October 15, 2010, 07:14:03 PM
Going to the cinema-its not my turn to choose though. Think its that facebook one so hope its good.

Heard its excellent
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maggie

Won't know cause the other person checked the cinema times but for a different cinema and we landed 20mins late....
Numpty.

Denn Forever

On another thread, Goodfellas on RTE2 at 10.00pm tonight. 

But I'll be watching Me, Myself and Irene on E4 at 10.00pm.  Jim Carrey is funny  (bearable as I usually hate him) and I think Renee is a keeper.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: maggie on October 15, 2010, 08:32:54 PM
Won't know cause the other person checked the cinema times but for a different cinema and we landed 20mins late....
Numpty.

Dump him..

I have a fillet steak on if yer interested  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Denn Forever

Time and Space travel now in use in Laois.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...