Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Iceman on September 28, 2010, 07:09:43 PM
Finally got around to watching Shutter Island - great show - left me thinking a lot at the end - plays with the mind a little - 8.5 out of 10

It was obvious after 15mins what it was about,was to me anyway
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Just finally watched boogie nights. Good show, strange show - typical stuff with how the drugs ruin all their lives.

Ruined Julianne Moore for me. She was always on my to do list until I saw this movie. Too many freckles.

ross4life

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2010, 07:45:32 PM
Just finally watched boogie nights. Good show, strange show - typical stuff with how the drugs ruin all their lives.

Ruined Julianne Moore for me. She was always on my to do list until I saw this movie. Too many freckles.

That's what you get with an natural redhead
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2010, 07:45:32 PM

You had a ginge on your "to do" list? Sick.

ziggysego

Watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for the first time. I've no idea what has taken me so long to watch it, but I'm so glad I did. An amazing film, which automatically goes into my top 5, without too much consideration. One of the best films I've seen in a long time.
Testing Accessibility

paco

Has anyone seen the original Wall Street? Can't wait to see the new one so might as well watch the original first.

Orangemac

Boogie Nights is a greta show although maybe 20 mins too long. Fantastic soundtrack to it.

Remember going to see it in Belfast the year it came out and a few people walked out during one of the sex scenes.What did they think it was about?

Wall Street original is ok. More style over substance. How many lines became famous from it?

"Greed is Good"

"Lunch is for Wimps"etc

Think Fatal Attraction was out round the same time. Superior Michael Douglas film.

Tony Baloney

Rare trip to the picture house this weekend to see The Town. Very good show, really liked it but you can definitely see parts of other films in it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2010, 01:43:13 PM
Rare trip to the picture house this weekend to see The Town. Very good show, really liked it but you can definitely see parts of other films in it.

Dying to see it myself.  Would love to see Back to the Future in the cinema too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Buried is probably the best movie out at the moment. The movie never leaves the coffin apart from a couple of images, there is a good mixture of tension, humour and mystery to keep the thing interesting.

8 out of 10.

ziggysego

Watched The Song of Bernadette last week. Excellent film, portraying the events surrounding Lourdes in 1858. A must-see for anyone who has been to Lourdes. Was surprised to see Vincent Price in it.
Testing Accessibility

Derry Dolly

Free Willy was on yesterday  :) brings back so many childhood memories..

Devil wears Prada was also on..v.funny i thought

Puckoon

Watched Get him to the Greek last night. Couple laughs here and there - but to be honest I am sitting here this morning trying to recall any real stand out scenes - and they just arent there. Forgettable enough fare.

CiKe

Watched Infernal Affairs last night, the HK original that Scorcese remade into The Departed. Very good show. Speaking of this one, Internal Affairs with Richard Gere (was actually vert good) and Andy Garcia was great.