Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 18, 2010, 09:35:59 PM
Quote from: paco on September 18, 2010, 08:49:54 PM
The Thing is on ITV4 at 11.55 tonight. One of my favourite horror films ever, obviously doesn't have the same standard of special effects as some of the films of today, but it doesn't need them. It can't be beat for suspense IMO and I can't believe there hasn't been a remake given some of the shit we have to watch these days.

great show. I'm sure a re make won't be to far away!!

Not a remake but a prequel due out next year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

paco

Alien Versus Predator: Requiem on tonight as well. A film franchise which had so much potential but was a real let down. Here's hoping The Thing (2011) doesn't make the same mistakes, first I heard of that remake and I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer which, going by what they're saying on the IMDB forum, will be out next month.

AFS

Quote from: paco on September 18, 2010, 10:08:02 PM
Alien Versus Predator: Requiem on tonight as well. A film franchise which had so much potential but was a real let down. Here's hoping The Thing (2011) doesn't make the same mistakes, first I heard of that remake and I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer which, going by what they're saying on the IMDB forum, will be out next month.

Jaysus, I wouldn't have thought so.

lurganblue

I watched "the road" last night which I thought was brutal. Yawned throughout. Maybe it was better in book form?

I also finally got round to watching inglorious basterds during the week. Some excellent scene, typical of tarrantino ( especially the one in the tavern) and some of the dialog was gripping I thought. Overall though I didn't like the story and wouldn't put it among his best

Bogball XV

Quote from: lurganblue on September 19, 2010, 09:56:12 AM
I watched "the road" last night which I thought was brutal. Yawned throughout. Maybe it was better in book form?
book was brilliant, i wasn't impressed by the movie at all, though that is often the case if you've already read something.

Tony Baloney

Watched Bad Lieutenant last night. Thought is was brilliant and definitely the best role in years for Cage. Best since Leaving Las
Vegas.

lurganblue

Seriously Tony? I happened to watch that last night too. Although I agree that cage was watchable and it's better than most of his more recent performances, I didn't like the film one bit. The iguana's signing was enough for me

muppet

Quote from: Derry Dolly on September 07, 2010, 12:41:19 PM
recently viewed..

ChloƩ - Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. good show,unpredictable bits through it
Inception - very impressed.kept you watching whole way if a little confusing
A-team- cheesy but brilliant. very entertaining

Brilliant - all the way right up to the abrupt (more Hitchcock than Hollywood) ending. Best film I've seen in a long while.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Memento would be another good Christopher Nolan film 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on September 20, 2010, 07:26:41 AM
Seriously Tony? I happened to watch that last night too. Although I agree that cage was watchable and it's better than most of his more recent performances, I didn't like the film one bit. The iguana's signing was enough for me
It won't be everyones cup of tea but I really liked it. Eva Mendes helps.

J OGorman

Quote from: lurganblue on September 19, 2010, 09:56:12 AM

I also finally got round to watching inglorious basterds during the week. Some excellent scene, typical of tarrantino ( especially the one in the tavern) and some of the dialog was gripping I thought. Overall though I didn't like the story and wouldn't put it among his best

Inglorious Basterds is a good film, some great scenes indeed esp the scene @ the film premier with the three men pretending to be Italian, near fell off the chair

Watched Date Night with Steve Carrell last night, t'was alright

ONeill

Four Lions - fairly funny. Watched it last week and have dipped into it a few times since for a quick laugh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

The Town is pretty good. A bit like the departed, entertaining.

7.5 out of 10.

The Real Laoislad

Saw The Town the other night, thought it was very good maybe a but predictable but enjoyable all the same.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Iceman

Finally got around to watching Shutter Island - great show - left me thinking a lot at the end - plays with the mind a little - 8.5 out of 10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight