Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Lucky number slevin-best film ever

leenie

watched phillip morris i love you, last night....

interesting story but i was uneasy watching it...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

lurganblue

Went to the cinema to see Salt, the one with angelina jolie in it. I suppose it was alright but a poor mans Bourne IMO

ziggysego

Not long back from seeing Grown Ups. Not a bad wee films, with it's fair shares of laughs. It reminded me somewhat of 'The Great Outdoors' with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd, which in my honest opinion is a much funnier film.

Still, if you like Adam Sandler, you'll not go far wrong with this.
Testing Accessibility

Orangemac

Not exactly a new film but The Jerk is on some of these nights.

Back when Steve Martin was good (The Man with 2 brains, Planes Trains & Automobiles etc). Why does no one stay funny as they get older?

Shithead the dog, Finding out his special purpose, Discovering he is not black. Brilliant.

Olly

Watched TITANIC last night.

I thought it was OK just. SOme great acting by Leonardo Di Carprio who mastered the Irish accent brilliantly. Kate WInselt didn't really get the hang of the English accent. For really far fetched scenes with "cars" inside the boat!! ANd this is the 1800s. Then the boats sinks in about 12 minutes and the brass band plays away almost upside down. It's very American and doesn't really say such about the sectarianism of Harland and Wolf.

Also, Leonardo and Kate seemed to have the full run of the boat themselves at night. I was at the Ulster Transport Museuem on SUnday and it says there were 1000s on the boat.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Nally Stand

Keep the reviews coming Olly!
:D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bogball XV

Quote from: Olly on September 16, 2010, 10:05:58 AM
Watched TITANIC last night.

I thought it was OK just. SOme great acting by Leonardo Di Carprio who mastered the Irish accent brilliantly. Kate WInselt didn't really get the hang of the English accent. For really far fetched scenes with "cars" inside the boat!! ANd this is the 1800s. Then the boats sinks in about 12 minutes and the brass band plays away almost upside down. It's very American and doesn't really say such about the sectarianism of Harland and Wolf.

Also, Leonardo and Kate seemed to have the full run of the boat themselves at night. I was at the Ulster Transport Museuem on SUnday and it says there were 1000s on the boat.
If you'd spent more time reading the literature at the museum instead of gawking at birds you'd have seen that the titanic actually set sail in 1912, when not only were there cars, but there were also aeroplanes flying about.

delboy

Quote from: Orangemac on September 15, 2010, 10:57:19 PM

Back when Steve Martin was good (The Man with 2 brains, Planes Trains & Automobiles etc). Why does no one stay funny as they get older?

Shithead the dog, Finding out his special purpose, Discovering he is not black. Brilliant.

Check out 'the sunshine boys' with walter mathua and george burns!

Hardy

Quote from: delboy on September 16, 2010, 10:52:03 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on September 15, 2010, 10:57:19 PM

Check out 'the sunshine boys' with walter mathua and george burns!

Excellent!

leenie

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 24, 2010, 01:10:29 PM
I went to Prince of Persia in the cinema last night. A solidly entertaining movie, the actions scenes are what it is all about and they carry the movie.

7 out of 10,

watched it on dvd last night and found it quite entertaining, ya can defo see that it is made by the same people that done pirates of the carribean.

any plans for a sequel?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

EagleLord

Quote from: ziggysego on September 14, 2010, 10:36:53 PM
Not long back from seeing Grown Ups. Not a bad wee films, with it's fair shares of laughs. It reminded me somewhat of 'The Great Outdoors' with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd, which in my honest opinion is a much funnier film.

Still, if you like Adam Sandler, you'll not go far wrong with this.

Same Zig, thought it was very funny. My woman loved it. Specially loved the way the lads just ripped each other constantly, class.

paco

The Thing is on ITV4 at 11.55 tonight. One of my favourite horror films ever, obviously doesn't have the same standard of special effects as some of the films of today, but it doesn't need them. It can't be beat for suspense IMO and I can't believe there hasn't been a remake given some of the shit we have to watch these days.

ross4life

Yep one of the many classic John Carpenter Films

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

supersarsfields

Quote from: paco on September 18, 2010, 08:49:54 PM
The Thing is on ITV4 at 11.55 tonight. One of my favourite horror films ever, obviously doesn't have the same standard of special effects as some of the films of today, but it doesn't need them. It can't be beat for suspense IMO and I can't believe there hasn't been a remake given some of the shit we have to watch these days.

great show. I'm sure a re make won't be to far away!!