Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Exactly. Michael Barrymore perhaps, but Drew Barrymore?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Olly

Spending this week watching films I never got around to watching. Last night I watched Jaws.

It's about a shark that is vicious enough to attack people who are swimming in dangerous waters. The story is a little slow paced and the shark is a bit over played ie everytime there's someone swimming in dangerous waters the music starts and you know EXACTLY what's in the pipeline here. It would have been better say if the swimmer was just swimming along minding his own business and the shark just appears from nowhere and within 3 seconds the man is ate. Then in the next scene have the swimmers out and nothing happens. That means the audience just don't know what is going to happen. Is it an innocent paddling scene or will the girl get bit in half within 3 seconds. Worth watching to the end and the captain of the ship sings a song about a Spanish Lady which the shark obviously hates as it starts wrecking the boat.

Without spoiling the end, the life guard shoots the shark in the mouth. The shark is drinking a barrell of petrol at the time. Some coincidence that!
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

NAG1

Quote from: Olly on September 10, 2010, 10:49:10 AM
Spending this week watching films I never got around to watching. Last night I watched Jaws.

It's about a shark that is vicious enough to attack people who are swimming in dangerous waters. The story is a little slow paced and the shark is a bit over played ie everytime there's someone swimming in dangerous waters the music starts and you know EXACTLY what's in the pipeline here. It would have been better say if the swimmer was just swimming along minding his own business and the shark just appears from nowhere and within 3 seconds the man is ate. Then in the next scene have the swimmers out and nothing happens. That means the audience just don't know what is going to happen. Is it an innocent paddling scene or will the girl get bit in half within 3 seconds. Worth watching to the end and the captain of the ship sings a song about a Spanish Lady which the shark obviously hates as it starts wrecking the boat.

Without spoiling the end, the life guard shoots the shark in the mouth. The shark is drinking a barrell of petrol at the time. Some coincidence that!

Fact check on that one olly!  ;)

supersarsfields

Hardy

I agree with Olly. I always thought the shark was overacting.

supersarsfields

I take it no one else saw the obvious mistake?

Your a lucky man Olly.  :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Olly on September 10, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

diving cylinder.

Olly

Over acting is not the words I'm after. I think the shark was told what to do. It's the build up to each attack. Towards the end when I heard 'der der' I was saying to my partner 'oh, he's dead' but in a sarcastic way.

Billys Boots

QuoteWorth watching to the end and the captain of the ship sings a song about a Spanish Lady which the shark obviously hates as it starts wrecking the boat.

There's something worth remembering - thanks Olly.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Wee Shea

The Last Exorcism.

Avoid.

A perfectly ok film was ruined by the last five minutes which were totally ridiculous even for a film about an exorcism. Ridiculous. There was a sigh at the end of the film in the cinema and some people even laughed. Heard a few people saying "Is that it? Seriously??"

Billys Boots

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 23, 2010, 09:45:35 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 23, 2010, 12:25:43 AM
Quote from: CiKe on August 22, 2010, 09:02:10 PM
Watched the "The secrets in their eyes" today. Really enjoyed it, thought it was excellent.

Agreed. Think it was the best film I've seen this year.

I have it lined up for this week - looking forward to it now.

Finally got round to watching it at the weekend - excellent, and highly recommended.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

Watched Scott Pilgrim vs the world last night, absouletly brilliant, funny, well paced, engaging battles and clever special effects. Its a film that is witty as hell and well scripted. 9.5/10. Super cool movie.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Santino

'Without spoiling the end, the life guard shoots the shark in the mouth. The shark is drinking a barrell of petrol at the time. Some coincidence that!'

That has made my monday just a little bit better!

Derry Dolly

has anyone seen the original Wall Street film? is it any good?i know the second one is out soon an wondered is the 1st one worth watching beforehand?

mc_grens

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 13, 2010, 11:14:20 AM
Watched Scott Pilgrim vs the world last night, absouletly brilliant, funny, well paced, engaging battles and clever special effects. Its a film that is witty as hell and well scripted. 9.5/10. Super cool movie.

1 UP!