Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flog the lot

Quote from: ballinaman on August 26, 2010, 02:45:55 AM
Saw Salt the last night......grand, expected it to be terrible but it was a bit of craic at least. Ending was grade A shite though.

On a side note: Angleina Jolie is a beast, ya'd wanna be on your A game with her i'd say...jaysus!

saw this as well last nite and thought it was pretty poor
knew i should have went to see grown ups!

Canalman

For anyone not at work today you should watch Odd Man Out at 11ish in morning on BBC2 I think. Classic with James Mason as an IRA man on the run in 1940s Belfast.
Brilliant film noir.

Capt Pat

I saw The Girl Who Plays With Fire yesterday. A continuation of the girl with the dragon tattoo, not as intense as the original and not as original. It just carries on where the last film left off with more plots and developments. It is still ok.

7 out of 10.

Denn Forever

For those who like guns and lots of them and some great music, Grosse Point Blank is on tonight on BBC1 at 11.15. 

I'll need something funny and feel good cos tonight we may go outta Senior Championship.

And who doesn't like John Cusack?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Grosse Point Blank is class, Cusack is one of my favourite actors.  Watched Hot Tub Time Machine last weekend, was disappointed to be honest but the talent in the show was unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 03, 2010, 01:55:06 PM
For those who like guns and lots of them and some great music, Grosse Point Blank is on tonight on BBC1 at 11.15. 

I'll need something funny and feel good cos tonight we may go outta Senior Championship.

absolutely love that movie.... Cusack is a cool mofo in it too. 

Hope ye dont go down!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Bogball XV

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 03, 2010, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on September 03, 2010, 01:55:06 PM

absolutely love that movie.... Cusack is a cool mofo in it too. 

Hope ye dont go down!!
Just reminded me of a scene from "I went down"

paco

Hot Tub Time Machine wasn't as funny as I remembered! Must tune into this GPB tonight, quite a few going on about it.

Niall Quinn

The Last Exorcism really is a good movie.
The corrupt evangelical pastor is a great everyman lead, and possessed girl looks genuinely possessed.
Mary Bale will welcome the perspective-izing of feline mistreatment in one scene.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Minder

"Not toooo bad, might even give you a race this year".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2010, 10:44:25 PM
"Not toooo bad, might even give you a race this year".
You drunk? Haven't seen Stir Crazy in a long long time.

Archie Mitchell

Dinner for Schmucks is a great show. Steve Carell is brilliant in it.

tyrone girl

Pursuit of happiness was on tonight there. Great film

ziggysego

Just watched Transformers on Channel 4 tonight. Never seen it before. Excellent film. Can definitely see what people were raving about when it first came into the cinema. Sequel was cat compared to this one.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Quote from: ziggysego on September 05, 2010, 11:15:21 PM
Just watched Transformers on Channel 4 tonight. Never seen it before. Excellent film. Can definitely see what people were raving about when it first came into the cinema. Sequel was cat compared to this one.

I thought Transformers was cat compared to the 1986 movie, the scene where Optimus Prime died was very moving even for a cartoon

Plus not many good films that's directed by Michael Bay
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open