Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Young guns was on last night on five usa, didnt get to watc hit though because the ball and chain was watching big brother..so i bought the film on dvd on amazon!

screenexile

Watched Knight and Day last night with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.

Alright flick, not too taxing on the brain and it looks well with a few decent action scenes and a few laughs on the way. About a 6.5/10.

ballinaman

Saw Salt the last night......grand, expected it to be terrible but it was a bit of craic at least. Ending was grade A shite though.

On a side note: Angleina Jolie is a beast, ya'd wanna be on your A game with her i'd say...jaysus!

EagleLord

Piranha 3D, unbeleivably predictable. Them fish are scary as f**k, they kinda ruined it though by makin it funny. In saying that, the blood and gore I liked, lots of it there was too. My woman hated it, she just thought it was clean brutal. Im thinking about it now, and I actually duno if i hated it or loved it.. I liked it, but still though it was a bit shit, if that makes sense..

Them 2 swimming in the nip was a great scene though hi, one of the greatest scenes in cinemactic history!! ;D ;D

Wee Shea

Saw a couple films in the last week.

Kick Ass - surprisingly brilliant, not what I expected at all from the synopsis, the little girl cursing made me laugh more than it should have. 8/10

The A Team - good fun, easy to watch, over the top action flick. Thought the characters were spot on, the fella who played urdock especially was brilliant. 6.5/10

Denn Forever

Watching In Bruge.  Did this do well in the Cinema?  They curse a bit don't they but very funny.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

Tremendous film in my opinion. Maybe my top 5 in last 5 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2010, 10:33:14 PM
Watching In Bruge.  Did this do well in the Cinema?  They curse a bit don't they but very funny.

Great film.. very funny
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Watching Shutter Island here and it can't end soon enough.

Wee Shea

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 28, 2010, 10:59:45 PM

If you don't like it now you won't like the ending.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 28, 2010, 11:13:17 PM

Figured out the ending about 20mins into it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Intermission on BBC2 now... some show!!

ehh do I have a ronnie??  Well you're no Tom Selleck but....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 28, 2010, 11:14:00 PM
Quote from: Wee Shea on August 28, 2010, 11:13:17 PM

Figured out the ending about 20mins into it
That was why I didn't enjoy it. The missus guessed the ending, or a very close version of the ending, fairly early on.

Some movies on tonight - Christmas Day isn't this good. In Bruges, Fargo, The Wedding Singer, Intermission, The Bourne Supremacy, Broadway Danny Rose, Stand By Me starting on 4 now.

Capt Pat

That would make a great christmas day alright, but they would never do such a thing.

You can not be watching films and typing on the internet at the same time, give the movies a chance.

Saw Scott Pilgrim versus the world the other day. Highly entertaining movie, lots of jokes music and figthing. You can't go wrong with this

8 out of 10.

bloodybreakball

yep, watching stand by me, really great show. and that scott pilgrim is a damn good show, if only for your woman winstead, sssswwwwaaaaeeeeettttt