Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Avatar goin to be back i nthe cinema in 3D. I'll be goin to see it, was ragin I missed it in 3D when it came out.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: CiKe on August 22, 2010, 09:02:10 PM
Watched the "The secrets in their eyes" today. Really enjoyed it, thought it was excellent.

Agreed. Think it was the best film I've seen this year.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 23, 2010, 12:25:43 AM
Quote from: CiKe on August 22, 2010, 09:02:10 PM
Watched the "The secrets in their eyes" today. Really enjoyed it, thought it was excellent.

Agreed. Think it was the best film I've seen this year.

I have it lined up for this week - looking forward to it now.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

paco

Watched 3:10 to Yuma last night and enjoyed it, what's everyone's opinion on the best Westerns out there? Wouldn't mind watching a few golden oldies to see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

AZOffaly

I love Tombstone. I thought that was a great Western.

Billys Boots

High Noon and Bad Day at Blackrock are the benchmarks for me!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

paco

thebigfella

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: paco on August 23, 2010, 11:37:59 AM
http://www.imdb.com/chart/western

What do you all make of this list?

The good the bad and the ugly, and the man who shot liberty valance would be well up on my list; havent seen a few of the others admittedly

nrico2006

Quote from: paco on August 23, 2010, 11:24:49 AM
Watched 3:10 to Yuma last night and enjoyed it, what's everyone's opinion on the best Westerns out there? Wouldn't mind watching a few golden oldies to see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

I am the same, I have not seen that many of the so called top ones, and I would love to have the time to sit down and watch them to see how good they are.  I have enjoyed the modern westerns (3-10 to Yuma, Unforgiven, The Range etc) and have liked what I have saw of the 'classics'.  I even liked the Quick and the Dead. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Croí na hÉireann

Watched The A Team over the weekend, was pretty skeptical beforehand but apart from Liam Neeson as Hannibal I thought it was well done.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Capt Pat

Piranha 3D is worth watching. If you take into account that you know what you are going to get from a tongue in cheek bloody B movie I would give it 8 out of 10.

Kelly Brook gets naked with  a blonde freind under water.

ross4life

Sin City on RTE now worth a watch
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

lurganblue

Watched the wanderers the other night as a friend said it was a better show than the warriors. I can't agree but it was still a good show and worth a watch.

Alco Pup

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2010, 04:00:31 PM
Paranormal Activity is scary.

Paranormal activty 2 is coming out in October.

Can't seem to get much info for it yet, they appear to be keeping it rightly under wraps.  Anyone seen the trailer for it yet??