Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Ladder 49 is very good, but thought Greenzone was average at best.

Never really watched the full Rambo 3, but got to watch it at the weekend.  How did it not win any Oscar's?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

5 Sams

Finally got round to watching Barton Fink which was on TG4 last night.....average enough compared to other Coen Brothers stuff.
The Aristocrat Years

lolafrola

Quote from: ziggysego on August 14, 2010, 11:19:11 PM
Was at The A-Team tonight. I enjoyed it very much and I felt like I was transported back to the 80s again, when I was a small child. The banter being the characters was great and of course hearing the theme blast out in the cinema was brilliant. It's by no means a 'thinker', leave your brains at the door. Way over the top, but sure that's what you want from The A-Team.

I watched it last night too and was enjoying it up until the last scene at the harbour with that container ship. Previous to that some of the stuff was a bit exaggerated but that was par for the course but that last scene just ruined the film for me. This guy fires a rocket launcher into a container ship the size of two football fields and sinks it in 10 sec, then all the containers blow up and blow of the ship where B.A. dodges them like they're pillows. Why did you ruin a good film with that last scene you tool bags >:(
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

ziggysego

Quote from: lolafrola on August 18, 2010, 11:53:51 AM
Was at The A-Team tonight. I enjoyed it very much and I felt like I was transported back to the 80s again, when I was a small child. The banter being the characters was great and of course hearing the theme blast out in the cinema was brilliant. It's by no means a 'thinker', leave your brains at the door. Way over the top, but sure that's what you want from The A-Team.

I watched it last night too and was enjoying it up until the last scene at the harbour with that container ship. Previous to that some of the stuff was a bit exaggerated but that was par for the course but that last scene just ruined the film for me. This guy fires a rocket launcher into a container ship the size of two football fields and sinks it in 10 sec, then all the containers blow up and blow of the ship where B.A. dodges them like they're pillows. Why did you ruin a good film with that last scene you tool bags >:(

Big explosions and nobody dies, surely that's the stuff The A-Team's made of ;)

Did you stay on until after the credits?
Testing Accessibility

lolafrola

Quote from: ziggysego on August 18, 2010, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on August 18, 2010, 11:53:51 AM

Big explosions and nobody dies, surely that's the stuff The A-Team's made of ;)

Did you stay on until after the credits?

no it was a pirate DVD :D
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

paco

What happened after the credits?

ziggysego

Quote from: paco on August 18, 2010, 02:21:29 PM

Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz have a small cameo.

EDIT: Removed the YouTube clip. Too many spoilers in it, for people who haven't seen the film.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggysego on August 18, 2010, 02:23:32 PM

EDIT: Removed the YouTube clip. Too many spoilers in it, for people who haven't seen the film.

Howindanamajaysus could there possibly be 'spoilers' for the A-Team?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Puckoon

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 18, 2010, 03:08:47 PM

I was wonderin where they got that name from. Makes sense now.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 18, 2010, 03:08:47 PM

they wake up at the end and it was all a dream
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

I watched 101 Dalmatians last night, it was very good but it annoyed me that there are several raccoons in it but they don't live in London.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Capt Pat

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2010, 08:44:30 AM
Ladder 49 is very good, but thought Greenzone was average at best.

Never really watched the full Rambo 3, but got to watch it at the weekend.  How did it not win any Oscar's?

It was up against Rain Man. Any other year it would have had a hat full of oscars.

quit yo jibbajabba

One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest on now on Film4 - my fav film;

(raoul moat documentary on at same time..theres an irony of sorts there surely, i just cant work it out........)

ziggysego

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2010, 09:43:03 PM
One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest on now on Film4 - my fav film;

(raoul moat documentary on at same time..theres an irony of sorts there surely, i just cant work it out........)

Clean forgot about it. Only remembered at 9.20pm. Thank God for Film4+1. Recording it.
Testing Accessibility

Wee Shea

Few films I watched last week:

Deliverance - not as great as it was made out to be I thought, had me captivated though the whole way through. 6.5/10

Oldboy - was as good as I had heard it to be, brilliant show, the action didn't take itself too seriously and the story was gripping. 8.5/10