Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

There Will Be Blood at 9.45 on BBC2 tonight, great film.

ballinaman

Quote from: paco on August 07, 2010, 08:15:56 PM
There Will Be Blood at 9.45 on BBC2 tonight, great film.
Ruined by the ending. Never got the hype about that movie, daniel day lewis plays a great character but thought it was an average at best movie.

lurganblue

I agree. Daniel day Lewis is excellent in it but overall I thought the film wasn't very good. Probably worth watching it for lewis' performance.

ziggysego

A brutal film to watch, as you didn't know what anyone's agenda was and it was so dark. Lewis was fantastic in it, but sure when isn't he. I enjoyed the film, watched it twice now within the year. I think that's all I can muster now for a wee while.
Testing Accessibility

mc_grens

Quote from: ziggysego on August 08, 2010, 11:47:26 AM
A brutal film to watch, as you didn't know what anyone's agenda was and it was so dark. Lewis was fantastic in it, but sure when isn't he. I enjoyed the film, watched it twice now within the year. I think that's all I can muster now for a wee while.

I think its a good movie, but ita also one of those times that the flick is talked up maybe a wee bit more than it should be because of who the director is.

By the Ziggy, I love the Av. That was one of the best bits of TV the Beeb ever put out.

Archie Mitchell

Watched Inception and Toy Story 3 recently. 2 great films, best i've seen in a good while.

Tony Baloney

Watched Toy Story 3 (2D) yesterday with #2 son. Excellent show. The missus went to see it in 3D afterwards with #1 son and said the 3D version was unnecessary.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 08, 2010, 09:19:02 PM
Watched Toy Story 3 (2D) yesterday with #2 son. Excellent show. The missus went to see it in 3D afterwards with #1 son and said the 3D version was unnecessary.

You should't rate your children like that. Love them all equally man
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

omagh_gael

Watch There will be blood last night and thought it was excellent. Best film I have seen in a long time. Great music score by Johnny Greenwood, provided a very dark mood and enhanced the drama a lot.

Canalman

There Will be Blood is massively overrated imo. Lewis really hams it up.

Saw Quodrophenia on Saturday  night..... interesting movie and very watchable. Obviously a tad dated.

Goats Do Shave

I watched "Donkey Punch" at the week end...

Terrible, yet very watchable!  ;)

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on August 09, 2010, 09:40:17 AM
There Will be Blood is massively overrated imo. Lewis really hams it up.

Saw Quodrophenia on Saturday  night..... interesting movie and very watchable. Obviously a tad dated.

A classic.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Thought there will be blood was middling at best, Lewis was good but verging on hamming it up IMO, thought the same with his character English Bob? in Gangs of NY.  Took the kids to see Toy Story 3 and have to say I was very disappointed considering the rave reviews it got.

Best movie i have seen this past decade is No Country for Old men, that is a movie.  There isn't a bad performance it in but Javier Bardem is just fantastic. 

mc_grens

Quote from: bennydorano on August 09, 2010, 10:48:04 PM
Thought there will be blood was middling at best, Lewis was good but verging on hamming it up IMO, thought the same with his character English Bob? in Gangs of NY.  Took the kids to see Toy Story 3 and have to say I was very disappointed considering the rave reviews it got.

Best movie i have seen this past decade is No Country for Old men, that is a movie.  There isn't a bad performance it in but Javier Bardem is just fantastic.

Agree 100% on "No Country For Old Men".

Capt Pat

"No country for Old Men" is the over rated movie. After all the great movies the cone ???brothers made and they give them a hat full of oscars for this one. They knew their time had come and it was made for oscars but was not a great movie.