Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I saw Inception twice just to be sure. There was nothing new the second time round, a decent movie, nothing else. Those IMDB ratings are rigged.

gerry

the guardian on rte2 now, have to say i enjoyed it a few years ago
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

maximus

Catch me if you can on at 10.45 ages since I've seen it but very good from what I can mind

JimStynes

Went to see inception the other night, didnt enjoy it. Great acting and special effects but I just dont like sci films.

Anyone ever seen the film 'the killing fields'. Great movie and there are some great books that you can read about it afterwards also.

Canalman

The Fog on at the moment........ top movie. Antonio Bay in for a kicking later. Briliiant stuff.

clarshack

anyone seen toy story 3. gonna take the cub tomorow.

Capt Pat

I've been watching Catch me if you can as well. Very good movie, seen it many times before, a real quality movie that doesn't get boring with repeated viewings unlike Leos larest overhyped movie.

lurganblue

Quote from: Canalman on July 24, 2010, 11:22:25 PM
The Fog on at the moment........ top movie. Antonio Bay in for a kicking later. Briliiant stuff.

You serious? Is that the film about a fog that surrounds a town and has a big monster in it that kills people? If so I turned it off after about half an hour... Gee

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 11:34:07 PM

Pure quality. Very clever film, with some scenes superbly shot. That's something I would never imagine saying for an animated film, but at times you forget that it is an animated film!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AFS

Quote from: lurganblue on July 25, 2010, 01:07:48 AM
Quote from: Canalman on July 24, 2010, 11:22:25 PM

You serious? Is that the film about a fog that surrounds a town and has a big monster in it that kills people? If so I turned it off after about half an hour... Gee

I think that's The Mist. The Fog has zombie ghost type things, not a big monster. I liked both, The Mist especially for its ending.

lurganblue

Ah your right it could have been the mist alright. Won't be seeing it's ending. Dung.

tyroneman

Anyone noticed how Rumplestiltskin in Shrek 3 in the spittin image of Dooher...............

lurganblue

Watched perriers bounty last night. That's the one with cillian Murphy, Jim broadbent and Brendan gleeson. Wasn't overly impressed with it in the end. Didn't think it was much of a story or show at all. I suppose there was a few moments I laughed at during it but not many

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 25, 2010, 09:30:23 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 11:34:07 PM

Pure quality. Very clever film, with some scenes superbly shot. That's something I would never imagine saying for an animated film, but at times you forget that it is an animated film!

it was very good. enjoyed it a lot.

Niall Quinn

Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd might actually be worse than the Spice Girl's movie.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad