Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Watched True Romance last night, great show

paco

Quote from: EagleLord on July 22, 2010, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: paco on July 21, 2010, 09:50:22 PM
Another good Di Caprio flick on Film4 later, Gangs of New York.

Love it. I'll be watchin that.

It was on last night! But Film4 usually repeat films after a few days so it should be on again soon.

southdown

Also watched The Business, Danny Dyer flick, watchable, if you love all things 80's this is a must.

paco

Quote from: southdown on July 22, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
Also watched The Business, Danny Dyer flick, watchable, if you love all things 80's this is a must.

"Watchable" is probably the best compliment you could pay to any show that Danny Dyer's in.

leenie

watched clash of the titans.... it was grand.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Canalman

Agree well worth a watch. Great soundtrack. Have to say I like Dyer as an actor........... must be in a minority of one.

Gone Baby Gone just didn't do it for me. Badlly acted, seemed to me the actors mumbled alot.

nrico2006

Good show.  If you like it you should watch Rise of the Footsoldier or Sexy Beast, both very good.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 22, 2010, 03:35:31 PM

Good show.  If you like it you should watch Rise of the Footsoldier or Sexy Beast, both very good.   

Sexy Beast is a quare show. Ben Kingsley..."you fackin cant!"

ross4life

Quote from: leenie on July 22, 2010, 02:15:31 PM
watched clash of the titans.... it was grand.

IMO doesn't hold a candle to the original film
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Zodiac Was on RTE last night thought it was a decent film, tell's a true story of the Zodiac killer from the 60s in San Francisco
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stiffler

Watched A team the other nite, a let down to be honest
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: stiffler on July 23, 2010, 06:27:21 PM
Watched A team the other nite, a let down to be honest

Stiffler you should know by now that watching Liverpool is always a let down :D

AFS

Inception. Meh. Entertaining couple of hours but nothing all that special. Despite the efforts to be overcomplicated, it's pretty much just a run of the mill action sci-fi for the most part. Enjoyable enough on that level, but with the massive plot holes and general bullshitery of it all I don't think you're really supposed to think about it that much.

Di Caprio was good, Tom Hardy was good, Ken Watanabe was good, and the FX were good.

Ellen Page was shit and poorly cast, Cillian Murphy was as annoying as usual, and the final scene felt like a stupid pointless gimmick.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on July 23, 2010, 09:47:27 PM
Inception. Meh. Entertaining couple of hours but nothing all that special. Despite the efforts to be overcomplicated, it's pretty much just a run of the mill action sci-fi for the most part. Enjoyable enough on that level, but with the massive plot holes and general bullshitery of it all I don't think you're really supposed to think about it that much.

Di Caprio was good, Tom Hardy was good, Ken Watanabe was good, and the FX were good.

Ellen Page was shit and poorly cast, Cillian Murphy was as annoying as usual, and the final scene felt like a stupid pointless gimmick.
Ach don't tell me that! If it is pretentious and po-faced and takes itself seriously then I'll be seriously disappointed.

AFS

It's not a bad movie, but I just don't understand why I keep hearing people describe it as 'intelligent' or 'thought provoking'. It's just a decent action flick.