Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Folks, is there an i-max screen round Belfast? Want to got and see Inception and think it would be worth seeing it in a top quality cinema
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

JohnDenver

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 20, 2010, 09:51:50 AM
Folks, is there an i-max screen round Belfast? Want to got and see Inception and think it would be worth seeing it in a top quality cinema

I think the only one was in the oddessey, but it's been closed for a fair while now.  Up beside where the storm cinemas are. The IMAX sign is still hanging on the wall from what i remember

Bensars

Watched the blind side last night. thought it was a very good show

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 20, 2010, 02:21:32 AM
I will have to go and see Inception again to see if it improves second time round like I did with his Dark Knight movie. I just didn'think it was an outstanding movie like everyone else.

The Dark Knight while being a very good film is Chris Nolan's most overrated film.  While Ledgers performcane as The Joker is superb the storyline is not that great compared to Batman Begins.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 11:45:14 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2010, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on July 19, 2010, 09:04:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 19, 2010, 08:49:48 PM
Gone Baby Gone is a fantastic film set in Boston surrounding the abduction of a child, its some film.

I hated that film. It was a total imitation of the Maggie McCann case.
it's release was stopped in the UK because it was scheduled for just after that, i'm sure the mccann's would be delighted if it had the same ending.

I fail to see how anyone could not thing Gone Baby Gone was an outstanding film, really dark, liked it alot.

It would be better if Casey Affleck would stop mumbling. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TheReelest

Very good show. 

DiCaprio is a great actor, definitely one of the best around.  But who would be top of the pile today?  De Niro, Nicholson, Hoffman and Pacino are still about, and the like of Sean Penn, Terence Howard, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington, John Malkovich, Gary Oldman, Edward Norton, Daniel-Day-Lewis, Morgan Freeman and Russel Crowe would be there or thereabouts.
[/quote]

Add Jack Nicholson to that

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 20, 2010, 09:19:36 AM
Gone Baby Gone is a fantastic film set in Boston surrounding the abduction of a child, its some film.

Very good show. 

DiCaprio is a great actor, definitely one of the best around.  But who would be top of the pile today?  De Niro, Nicholson, Hoffman and Pacino are still about, and the like of Sean Penn, Terence Howard, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington, John Malkovich, Gary Oldman, Edward Norton, Daniel-Day-Lewis, Morgan Freeman and Russel Crowe would be there or thereabouts.

DiCaprio is not in Gone Baby Gone.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

nrico2006

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 20, 2010, 10:22:12 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 20, 2010, 09:19:36 AM

Very good show. 

DiCaprio is not in Gone Baby Gone.

Never said he was.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rma13

Went to see Inception on Sunday night, thought it was one of the best films I've seen in a while but I wasn't happy with the ending, I have to be told one way or the other, hate being left to decide for myself.  :-\  It's a film I would even consider going back to see again in the cinema & that's a rarity.

The Konica

Mesrine is a very good film

paco

Another good Di Caprio flick on Film4 later, Gangs of New York.

EagleLord

Quote from: paco on July 21, 2010, 09:50:22 PM
Another good Di Caprio flick on Film4 later, Gangs of New York.

Love it. I'll be watchin that.

Wee Shea

Watched one of Chris Nolan's earlier films, Memento, last night.

Had seen it before but watched it again after watching Inception on Monday.

Memento is another brilliant show, devised by Nolan's brother, a fella with no short term memory investigates the murder of his wife, led only by a file on her death and some polaroids and tattoos on himself to remind himself what he is doing.

Excellent show, anyone who hasn't seen it should.

J OGorman

Watched a couple of movies last night

Fallen with Denzel Washington..decent enough thriller (cant really say anymore than that with giving ought away) 6.5/10

Men Who Stare at Goats - loved it 8.5/10

Nally Stand

After reading the last couple of pages of posts, I must say -

1. HOW can anybody not like Gone Baby Gone?

2. HOW THE FCUK can anyone like Men Who Stare at Goats????!! As bad a film as I've seen since Burn After Reading.

Good debate on best actors out there though. I'd say my top two anyway would be Hanks & Di Capri-Sonne
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore