Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on June 29, 2010, 12:40:21 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 29, 2010, 12:27:36 AM
Serenity just starting on RTÉ 2 now... very entertaining flick

I never saw the Firefly TV series but this film is indeed a good watch

Watched the series after seeing the movie... was very good surprising it got cancelled considering some of the other shite on tv
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 23, 2010, 12:50:32 AM
I saw Brooklyns finest, today. A raw gritty gangster,cop movie. I thought it was very good, I would compare it to The Departed, and Gomorrah.

8 out of 10.?

Saw it last night.  Went to the cinema with a few lads and went to see it having never heard of it.  Thought it was great though.  Best film I have seen in a long time.

Saw The Hurt Locker the other night as well, very good as well.

tbrick18

Quote from: The Iceman on June 23, 2010, 01:43:28 PM
watched The Road last night. Captured the book perfectly. Very dark.
The innocence of the boy was inspiring - had a tear in my eye at the end.....

Yup, great show....very grim, very dark, very close to the book.
The boy was a great wee actor.

muppet

Watched 'The Man who sued God".

Man gives up law, buys a fishing boat to make his living. Boat destroyed by lightening. Insurance company cites 'act of God' clause and won't pay for a new boat. So man decided to sue God and cites all the main denominations' leaders in Australia as defendants.

Best idea for a plot I'd seen in a while. But turned out it was a comedy starring Billy Connelly. It seems to have been made by bright but naive students. There were lots of cliched scenes and some sad efforts to get a laugh. However I did enjoy parts of it. Not sure what the Big Yin was thinking though.
MWWSI 2017

leenie

went to see "get him to the greek" last night...

wile funny
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Denn Forever

Just saw that Con Air is on tonight on BBC1.  Great show.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

EagleLord

Quote from: leenie on July 03, 2010, 10:30:44 AM
went to see "get him to the greek" last night...

wile funny

Thought it was absolutely brilliant too! You cant outrun me, I'm black! Got to be honest, I never really liked Russell Brand before, never quite got him, but after watching this film, I think he's bloody great! Him and P.Diddy basiclly played themselves! Would highly recommend it to posters! ;D

leenie

the bit were colm meaney and russell were rowing and the fat fella quietly says "i think i have been rape".... still laughing about it! though the scene prior to that has me slighty disturbed...

but i agree eaglelord... if any posters want to see alaugh a minute film that go see "get him to the greek"!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Capt Pat

I only got halfway through, Get him to the Greek. I just didn't buy into it. I had my mind on the football, it is hard ot go to the cinema when the world cup is on.

stiffler

Anyone ever seen the movie Rounders with Matt Damon? any use?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stiffler on July 03, 2010, 10:55:02 PM
Anyone ever seen the movie Rounders with Matt Damon? any use?
Aye good show from what I remember - must be at least 10 years old.

On tonight?

Tony Baloney

Watching the second Twilight movie tonight. Seen the other one a few weeks ago.

f**k me they're pish. Bored to tears. Will probably watch the third one too.

Canalman

Saw Mesrine Part 1 last night. Good flick...... got the  2 of them for E11 in HMV.

He was some bloke alright.(if film is to be believed).

EagleLord

Quote from: leenie on July 03, 2010, 04:31:01 PM
the bit were colm meaney and russell were rowing and the fat fella quietly says "i think i have been rape".... still laughing about it! though the scene prior to that has me slighty disturbed...

but i agree eaglelord... if any posters want to see alaugh a minute film that go see "get him to the greek"!

Definatly Leenie. Comedies too often are funny then die out near the end, most films have that wee period where the storyline comes to a conclusion or whatever and the laughs kinda stop, but i didn find this with get him to the greek. The whole scene when theyre at that party is hilarious, 'i think ive just been raped/jeffrey/keep touching the furry wall', the whole cinema was laughing throughout it, brilliant!

pintsofguinness

watched a few today -
Brooklyn's finest - really enjoyed it although quite dark

When in Rome - complete chick flick
The Losers - mindless action film but watchable, leave your brain at the door though.

Watching Karate Kid now, when I seen the trailer I thought it'd be woeful but it's actually not bad.  Not a patch on the original but I'd say kids will love it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?