Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

I'm aware I may have lost whatever little respect I may have had on this thread but just thought everyone would appreciate knowing that Lucky Number Slevin is on Film4 in an hour.

Tony Baloney

Inception looks the ticket. Christopher Nolan direction and Leonardo diCaprio amongst others so can't be bad.

Schkite

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Inception looks the ticket. Christopher Nolan direction and Leonardo diCaprio amongst others so can't
be bad.

Yeah looks class. Very much a bit of a Dark Knight feel to it imo going by the trailer, and seems like a solid thriller, should be very good.

Canalman

Saw Sherlock Holmes last night. Very middling/ so so. Imo sort of fell between 2 stools of being trying to be gothic and whimsical at the same time.

paco

Wedding Crashers at 9 on Film4, love that film.

Capt Pat

I saw Brooklyns finest, today. A raw gritty gangster,cop movie. I thought it was very good, I would compare it to The Departed, and Gomorrah.

8 out of 10.?

ross4life

Quote from: paco on June 16, 2010, 08:29:38 PM
Wedding Crashers at 9 on Film4, love that Isla Fisher

fixed for yeah  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maggie

Up in the Air- possibly thee worst film I've watched recently, was it not nominated for several Oscars as well. Not sure but i thought it was poor.

The Iceman

watched The Road last night. Captured the book perfectly. Very dark.
The innocence of the boy was inspiring - had a tear in my eye at the end.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

paco

Batman Begins and Rambo First Blood on ITV2 and ITV4 tonight respectively.

nrico2006

Watched The Book Of Eli, very entertaining.  Your doll in it (out of the 70's show) was looking fine.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Went to see that new Russell Brand film last night. Didn't think much of it to be honest, Forgetting Sarah Marshall was much funnier.
Testing Accessibility

paco

Leaving Las Vegas on ITV2 tonight, on late but definitely worth staying up for!

Celt_Man

Serenity just starting on RTÉ 2 now... very entertaining flick
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 29, 2010, 12:27:36 AM
Serenity just starting on RTÉ 2 now... very entertaining flick

I never saw the Firefly TV series but this film is indeed a good watch
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open