Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 09, 2010, 09:35:58 PM
Robin Hood is not a remake as I tries to tell the real story of Robin Hood (if he existed).  Well it is a remake but telling a different story.

Looking forward to it.

Make your mind up? didn't they try this with the new Batman film & tried to change the Story but made a balls of it IMO

Anyways Ridley Scott/Crowe has the makings of a good film
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on May 09, 2010, 09:48:47 PM
Robin Hood is not a remake as I tries to tell the real story of Robin Hood (if he existed).  Well it is a remake but telling a different story.

Looking forward to it.

Make your mind up? didn't they try this with the new Batman film & tried to change the Story but made a balls of it IMO

Don't they refer to these kind of movie as "re-imagining" of the series instead of a remake
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Bogball XV

Looking forward to it.

I'd agree, Robin Hood is no more a remake than "The Passion of the Christ" was a remake of "Jesus Chirst Superstar", The Robin Hood legend has existed for centuries and has undoubtedly interpreted and changed time after time, this is just a different take on it.  (plus there's no royalties to pay on stories this old)

ross4life

remakes & sequels overload the last few years IMO
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bogball XV

Looking forward to it.

you thought that the Batman Begins movie worse inferior to the others?  Definitely my favourite of them all.

ross4life

Didn't like how they changed the story with Batman Begins (real story or not) Batman 1989 with Jack Nicholson was my favourite & if it wasn't for Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight would have been poor remake

paco

Isn't there another Batman film coming out in the current "franchise"? I.e. Christian Bale et al.

mc_grens

Yeah there is.

And as a fan of the comics when I was a bit younger the Chris Nolan movies are by far the closest in spirit to the best of the comic books.

By the way, on the subject of Nolan check this out... looks like it could be a cracker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4H6R-hN-T4

paco

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment.

What was it MC? Also, any idea when the third installment is due out? I remember hearing that the Joker will be in it again, fairly obvious given that he dind't die at the end of Dark Knight, I suppose, but will be interesting to see who gets the part.

Capt Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8JrYqCuVA&feature=related

Try that trailer for the new Batman movie.

Batman Begins was much better than the last one. The last one was just another of the bland supeprhero movies that are flooding the market at present, Iron Man, Spider Man etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

paco

Is Michael Emmerson confirmed as the Riddler? Take it this means no Joker.

mc_grens

Quote from: paco on May 10, 2010, 09:44:28 PM
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment.

What was it MC? Also, any idea when the third installment is due out? I remember hearing that the Joker will be in it again, fairly obvious given that he dind't die at the end of Dark Knight, I suppose, but will be interesting to see who gets the part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I&feature=youtube_gdata

The official version. Inception. Looks awesome.

tyrone girl

Just watchin PS I love you for about the 10th time. Its class

screenexile

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 10, 2010, 11:16:14 PM

Wind yer neck in! This is a thread for proper films!!

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 10, 2010, 11:16:14 PM

Good show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'