Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on April 22, 2010, 06:53:49 PM
Tried watching Knowing last nite but found it wile slow ..... turned it over after an hour should i have kept watchng....
Jeez Nick Cage hasn't made a decent flick in years. The missis watched it a while ago and would reckon you hadn't missed much.

Celt_Man

Quote from: leenie on April 22, 2010, 06:53:49 PM
Tried watching Knowing last nite but found it wile slow ..... turned it over after an hour should i have kept watchng....

the ending is a holy show...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Canalman

Watched Harry Brown and this Dr Parnassus.... etc (a Terry Gilliam flick) at the weekend. Both  poor/ average imo.......... was expecting alot more from HB to be honest. Knew that like alot of Gilliam's previouses that he can be hit and miss at the best of times( a miss this time imo.)

blewuporstuffed

went to see kick ass at the week end, thought it was very good, 8/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Olly

I watched the Man Who STares At a Goat at the weekend. Very disappointed in it. There was nothing there believeable and the performance of George Clooney made him look very foolish.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Denn Forever

Watched Inglorious Basterds.

Very enjoyable as long as you were not taking it too seriously.  Would not have thought it was a Tarantino movie (thankfully).

Does anyone reckon the part of Landu was written for Tim Roth but maybe he couldn't do the languages?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Quote from: Olly on April 26, 2010, 10:49:37 AM
I watched the Man Who STares At a Goat at the weekend. Very disappointed in it. There was nothing there believeable and the performance of George Clooney made him look very foolish.

It's a true story.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on April 26, 2010, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Olly on April 26, 2010, 10:49:37 AM

It's a true story.
and ollie is not a real person, but has a mission here to wind people up...

leenie

got avatar on dvd today... £8.99 in sainsbury, missed it in the cinema, hope it still looks good on t.v.....
also got damned united £4.....

watch revolutionary road last night and i thought it was very good!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on April 29, 2010, 07:46:43 PM
got avatar on dvd today... £8.99 in sainsbury, missed it in the cinema, hope it still looks good on t.v.....

Cameros vision for Avatar was in the cinema in 3d. Will hardly be comparable on tv.

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 29, 2010, 08:38:49 PM

Cameros vision for Avatar was in the cinema in 3d. Will hardly be comparable on tv.

+1. You'd be as well watching Pochahontas.

Oh, wait....

Santino

God, i thought Revolutionary Road was one of worst movies ive seen in years!

ziggysego

I just watched An Education on Sky Box Office. An excellent film. I can see why Carey Mulligan got an Oscar Nomination for the role. She was wonderful in it. I'd recommend it for anyone, who wants a nice slow moving film.
Testing Accessibility

mc_grens

Iron Man 2. Not as good as the first one.

Scarlett Johansson is sexier on her worst ever day than Cheryl Cole will manage in her lifetime TOTAL! (ref other thread!)