Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

UP!....decent, but i thought it was very sad to be a childrens film!

Celt_Man

Anyone else see Glory Road on BBC 2 on Saturday night, absolutely great show... Had never heard of their story before watching the film, unbelievable what they were up against and what they did
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

seen glory road before, it's a good show.

watched zodiac last night for the first time, great film
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2010, 09:47:54 PM
seen glory road before, it's a good show.

watched zodiac last night for the first time, great film
Was a good show alright. I have a soft spot for serial killer flicks.

Finally got around to watching This is England last night. Good show.

pintsofguinness

I like serial killer stuff - watched the ted bundy film tonight.  It's criminal minds that got me in to it!

Capt Pat

Zodiac is worth seeing for anyone who hasn't seen it. A true story and not a Hollywood, thriller or horror effort. It is true to what happened in real life and still makes for a great eerie movie.

screenexile

Big Criminal Minds fan alright pints I shall be watching Zodiac this weekend!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2010, 11:17:13 PM
Big Criminal Minds fan alright pints I shall be watching Zodiac this weekend!
Criminal minds is outstanding, zodiac isn't like it though but really good. I'm thinking of buying Graysmith's book (that's who the film is centred around).

Tony Baloney

Scorpio in Dirty Harry was based on The Zodiac Killer.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2010, 11:29:11 PM
dont like dirty harry.  One of my nephews thought he was dirty harry for a while though...

Celt_Man

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 12, 2010, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2010, 11:29:11 PM
dont like dirty harry.  One of my nephews thought he was dirty harry for a while though...

Ahh now, go away outta that.  Dirty Harry is great stuff, the first 3 were very good, fourth wasn't too bad and fifth I wasn't mad about... some classic lines though

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Mayor: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore District. Understand? That's my policy.
Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard; that's my policy.
Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.
Mayor: [after Callahan has left] I think he's got a point.

A man's got to know his limitations.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

I've only seen three of those.

The Iceman

I watched Zombieland there last night - thought it was a very easy to watch film with a few chuckles...

If you get a chance to watch Ninja Assassin in Blu Ray HD do so - amazing amazing effects.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on April 13, 2010, 08:26:06 PM
I've only seen three of those.

I see your three and rise you six.
Testing Accessibility