Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Off to see Shutters Island and Perriers Bounty this weekend. Have a funny feeling that both will be v good despite lukewarm reviews.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 31, 2010, 06:04:27 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on March 31, 2010, 01:56:46 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2010, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 03:37:46 PM
f**k sake lads, stop giving the story away!!

There is no story, its shite - the only bit the oscar people must have watched was the titles, where they seen a woman directed it.

And bigfella, true, but what really pissed me off about all that bit was that they could have hopped in the jeeps at any point and drove off.

Yeah well that did cross my mind too but at that point I couldn't care less, want to see them all die and then possibly end the movie.

2 movies previously I have walked out off and switched off before the end, memento and american pie the wedding. This is as big a pile of shite as both of them.
What was wrong with american pie the wedding? It's on par with the first two!
Anyone of them after the wedding one was atrocious though

He says two films are shite and the one you question him on is AMERICAN PIE THE WEDDING??!?

The Wedding is a load of crap but Memento is a brilliant film from one of the best directors going right now.

pintsofguinness

I never seen Memento. Worth downloading?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 01, 2010, 06:11:47 PM

I think so.  Christopher Nolan directs.  The man behind The Prestige and the two Batman films.  Ya its something different to most other films you would see.  Well worth watching.

Celt_Man

Any of ye ever see a French movie called Brotherhood of the Wolf, the dvd was lying around last night and started to watch it.  I was pissed off when I realised it was English dubbed but in about 5 mins I forgot all about that.  Actually was a very good film, didn't take the direction I thought it was going in... good show, would watching
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 01, 2010, 06:16:58 PM

I think so.  Christopher Nolan directs.  The man behind The Prestige and the two Batman films.  Ya its something different to most other films you would see.  Well worth watching.
Will give it a go.

English dubbed celt man? christ that would be enough for me to switch off, worse than subtitles!

Celt_Man

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 01, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 01, 2010, 06:16:58 PM

Will give it a go.

English dubbed celt man? christ that would be enough for me to switch off, worse than subtitles!

Yea normally I'd be the same and there was a subtitles option there but I didn't think I was gonna watch it so didn't bother.  After a couple of minutes, I forgot about the dubbing and the fact that I wasn't going to watch it!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tony Baloney

Recording This is England tonight on Film 4. Any good?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 01, 2010, 10:45:31 PM

Brilliant. Just after watching it there.

nrico2006

Heard good reports about This Is England, ripping I didn't get to tape it last night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 01, 2010, 10:45:31 PM
yup, good show.

tbrick18

Is that the one where the wee lad joins the skinheads?
One of the dingle's from Emmerdale is in it too?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Shortso79

Went to see "I love you Philip Morris" last weekend - raw as ropes !

Dinny Breen

Thought This is England tailed off very poorly into melodrama towards the end and turned a good show into an above average show..

Only 5 months to go

http://ie.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14296365/the-expendables/videos/expendables_trl_033110.html
#newbridgeornowhere