Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyer

Quote from: screenexile on March 31, 2010, 06:42:03 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 31, 2010, 06:38:44 PM
Seen Inglorious Basterds, when men stare at goats, and 2012...recently, thought ingloriouus was brilliant, the acting and scenes were immense, each seen was unreal long but I love it..had an intensity to it. Men stare at goats is a unique a story who'll every witness, really enjoyed it, but it took a bit of patience at the start..2012 was suprised to be honest, the first 1hr 30mins was brilliant i thought but movie was 1hr too long, some of best 2-d effects ive ever seen.

Looking forward to seeing Clash of the Titans and Kick Ass this weekend, along with a Connacht u21 title..

Memento is genius!!!

I thought so as well. Was starting to doubt my taste in movies.

Capt Pat

I thought Hurt Locker was great and then it went and won the oscar for best picture so I knew I wasn't wrong.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2010, 05:23:24 PM
Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Damning the Dude with faint praise?
Watch it again - that's just poor watching.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Norf Tyrone

Seen Inglorious Basterds, when men stare at goats, and 2012...recently, thought ingloriouus was brilliant, the acting and scenes were immense, each seen was unreal long but I love it..had an intensity to it.

Totally agree. One of my favourite ever films. If someone ever told me before watching it that there would be a 30 minute scene of soliders just talking in a bar, I'd have not bothered watching it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: Niall Quinn on April 01, 2010, 12:18:57 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2010, 05:23:24 PM
Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Damning the Dude with faint praise?
Watch it again - that's just poor watching.

The dude abides and suggests that those who fail to recognise his dudelike genius will never make the' little lebowski urban achievers'

Fcuk it, lets go bowling!

ziggysego

Sat down to watch 'Dude, wheres my Car?' last night on Sky 1. Turned it off after 5 minutes.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Have a rare day off today..
Just watched The Legend Of Bagger Vance again,for about the 5th time..
Great film..

Gonna watch The Pacific part 3 now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nrico2006

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 01, 2010, 01:58:54 PM
Great film..

Unbelievable film, Redford at his best.  Wee Hardy 'He just hit a hole in one! Hot dang!  I just seen a miracle with my own eyes!  He just hit a hole in one!'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AbbeySider

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 01, 2010, 01:26:10 AM
Seen Inglorious Basterds, when men stare at goats, and 2012...recently, thought ingloriouus was brilliant, the acting and scenes were immense, each seen was unreal long but I love it..had an intensity to it.

Totally agree. One of my favourite ever films. If someone ever told me before watching it that there would be a 30 minute scene of soliders just talking in a bar, I'd have not bothered watching it.

+1   ;D

AbbeySider

I watched the Lovely Bones last night.

It has some good things going for it and I really appreciate the imagination and visuals in it however the story was kind of left behind. Some scenes are tense and well acted but the amount of lucid sequences, while striking and beautiful, take away from the story.

Id give it a 3/5

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 01, 2010, 02:04:20 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 01, 2010, 01:58:54 PM
Great film..

Unbelievable film, Redford at his best.  Wee Hardy 'He just hit a hole in one! Hot dang!  I just seen a miracle with my own eyes!  He just hit a hole in one!'.

I liked this one..
Junuh "Anything else?"
Bagger Vance"Yeah,Just bash the living shit out of it."
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Denn Forever

I liked this one..
Junuh "Anything else?"
Bagger Vance"Yeah,Just bash the living shit out of it."

I thought Will Smith never did profanity.  Oh well.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

leenie

watched million dollar baby last nite... thought it was brilliant but i missed the first 15mins...

did it ever say why he was estranged from his daughter?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

tyrone girl

Raging i wanted to watch that but no electric  >:( >:(

Bensars

Bogie wogie looks quite an artful film. Due out in a couple of weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHAPmxZJUKQ