Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on March 30, 2010, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2010, 05:23:24 PM
Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Watched the count of monte cristo last night with jim calzone. Decent enough showing.

Can you see where my "dudeism" came from......

You're a dude?? :o

I need a cold shower *shudders*
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 06:43:18 PM
Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Watched the count of monte cristo last night with jim calzone. Decent enough showing.

I need a cold shower*shudders*

Why  ??? does it turn you on  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Archie Mitchell

Kick Ass is a great show.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 30, 2010, 06:57:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 06:43:18 PM

I need a cold shower*shudders*

Why  ??? does it turn you on  ???

Maybe
Testing Accessibility

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 30, 2010, 05:33:51 PM
Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on March 30, 2010, 01:54:36 PM
Over the last few days I have watched: Hurt Locker...not bad, Night at the Roxbury....pissed myself laughing again, The Road....cut your throat film, Last book of Eli, watchable, Couples Retreat..not bad  ??? ??? ??? ???

Have you thought of going after Jonathan Ross' job?...............shocking taste!

Couldn't afford the pay cut ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

haranguerer

Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 03:37:46 PM
f**k sake lads, stop giving the story away!!

There is no story, its shite - the only bit the oscar people must have watched was the titles, where they seen a woman directed it.

And bigfella, true, but what really pissed me off about all that bit was that they could have hopped in the jeeps at any point and drove off.

thebigfella

Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2010, 01:43:25 PM

There is no story, its shite - the only bit the oscar people must have watched was the titles, where they seen a woman directed it.

And bigfella, true, but what really pissed me off about all that bit was that they could have hopped in the jeeps at any point and drove off.

Yeah well that did cross my mind too but at that point I couldn't care less, want to see them all die and then possibly end the movie.

2 movies previously I have walked out off and switched off before the end, memento and american pie the wedding. This is as big a pile of shite as both of them.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thebigfella on March 31, 2010, 01:56:46 PM

Yeah well that did cross my mind too but at that point I couldn't care less, want to see them all die and then possibly end the movie.

2 movies previously I have walked out off and switched off before the end, memento and american pie the wedding. This is as big a pile of shite as both of them.

i liked the hurt locker and thought momento was a great film  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

Glad to see others think that Hurt Locker was way overrated. I'm afraid chicks just cannot do war films. Imo you need to have seen Guns of Navarone/Kellys Heroes / Zulu etc at least 10 times (and willing to watch them at least 10 times more) to stand a chance in directing a war film.

Also agree that Memento has a touch of the Emperor's clothes about it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on March 31, 2010, 05:43:21 PM
Glad to see others think that Hurt Locker was way overrated. I'm afraid chicks just cannot do war films. Imo you need to have seen Guns of Navarone/Kellys Heroes / Zulu etc at least 10 times (and willing to watch them at least 10 times more) to stand a chance in directing a war film.

Also agree that Memento has a touch of the Emperor's clothes about it.
The gritty realism of Kelly's Heroes...

pintsofguinness

What was wrong with american pie the wedding? It's on par with the first two!
Anyone of them after the wedding one was atrocious though
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 31, 2010, 06:04:27 PM

What was wrong with american pie the wedding? It's on par with the first two!
Anyone of them after the wedding one was atrocious though
Aye the ones after that without the original cast are gash.

haranguerer

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 31, 2010, 02:00:42 PM

i liked the hurt locker and thought momento was a great film  :-\

Haven't seen it.

That memento one is pretty shite tho  :P

SLIGONIAN

Seen Inglorious Basterds, when men stare at goats, and 2012...recently, thought ingloriouus was brilliant, the acting and scenes were immense, each seen was unreal long but I love it..had an intensity to it. Men stare at goats is a unique a story who'll every witness, really enjoyed it, but it took a bit of patience at the start..2012 was suprised to be honest, the first 1hr 30mins was brilliant i thought but movie was 1hr too long, some of best 2-d effects ive ever seen.

Looking forward to seeing Clash of the Titans and Kick Ass this weekend, along with a Connacht u21 title..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

screenexile

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 31, 2010, 06:38:44 PM
Seen Inglorious Basterds, when men stare at goats, and 2012...recently, thought ingloriouus was brilliant, the acting and scenes were immense, each seen was unreal long but I love it..had an intensity to it. Men stare at goats is a unique a story who'll every witness, really enjoyed it, but it took a bit of patience at the start..2012 was suprised to be honest, the first 1hr 30mins was brilliant i thought but movie was 1hr too long, some of best 2-d effects ive ever seen.

Looking forward to seeing Clash of the Titans and Kick Ass this weekend, along with a Connacht u21 title..

Memento is genius!!!