Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: JimStynes on March 21, 2010, 01:04:48 AM
In the Name of the Father on channel 3 here now. One of my fav movies of all time.

Ya its powerful stuff. Its one of my fav movies too.

I remember the first time I saw it I wanted to run out and join the Ra!  :D

Family guy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2010, 12:14:16 AM
The Departed had a good auld soundtrack too.

Great movie,even after watching it for the 20th time,was drinking in the bar in brooklyn where the scene with the pool table is filmed in,loada pictures up in it,pool table still there 2 play on

AbbeySider

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on March 21, 2010, 01:07:05 AM
Di Caprio is a great actor. He was excellent in Blood Diamond and the Basketball Diaries is another of my favourites.
Has anyone seen Shutter Island? Hoping to go and see this tomorrow night.

Basketball Diaries ? Jez that brings back the memories. Great film... I think that was his next big role from This Boys Life with De Nero; another great film. Two great performances.

Hope to see Shutter Island very soon too. Its the kind of film to be seen in the cinema id say.

Celt_Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 21, 2010, 01:12:47 AM
Di Caprio is a great actor. He was excellent in Blood Diamond and the Basketball Diaries is another of my favourites.

Basketball Diaries ? Jez that brings back the memories. Great film... I think that was his next big role from This Boys Life with De Nero; another great film. Two great performances.

Hope to see Shutter Island very soon too. Its the kind of film to be seen in the cinema id say.

Aye flipping hell haven't heard tell of that movie in years never mind have seen it.  Must have a root about for it soon
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

JimStynes

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 21, 2010, 01:07:39 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 21, 2010, 01:04:48 AM
In the Name of the Father on channel 3 here now. One of my fav movies of all time.

Ya its powerful stuff. Its one of my fav movies too.

I remember the first time I saw it I wanted to run out and join the Ra!  :D

Im walking out the front door! with Gerry!
Best bit in the film.

JimStynes

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 21, 2010, 01:16:22 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 21, 2010, 01:12:47 AM

Aye flipping hell haven't heard tell of that movie in years never mind have seen it.  Must have a root about for it soon

Dont think ive even heard of Basketball Diaries or This Boys life, must look them up.

What is the craic with Shutter Island, i was going to see it tonight but went for Precious instead. Watched the trailer for Shutter Island and it looked like a sort of stupid unrealistic film with ghosts and shit like that in it. Hate them sort of films.

usa07

shutter island is a great show with great twist di carpo at his best!!

GBXII

Thought Shutter Island was a brilliant movie. DiCaprio was excellent in it,as usual. Also, definitely one for the big screen with some great camera and sound work. Highly recommend but can be a little graphic at times.

pintsofguinness

Was watching that Shutter Island today and turned it off before it was over - not my type of film. 
Watched precious last night, it was depressing. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
on the BBC tonight 11pm

A quality film, well worth seeing.

AbbeySider

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 21, 2010, 03:25:04 PM
Was watching that Shutter Island today and turned it off before it was over - not my type of film. 
Watched precious last night, it was depressing.

Told ya so...  ;)

AbbeySider

Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2010, 05:46:10 PM
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
on the BBC tonight 11pm

A quality film, well worth seeing.

Definitely. Although it will be too slow moving for some, I really enjoyed it

Nally Stand

I see Di Caprio has another show coming out now soon too, called "Inception"
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Denn Forever

Please say this isn't so!!!

Jones plans 'Escape To Victory' remake
4 hours ago | digitalspy | See recent digitalspy news »

Vinnie Jones wants to remake the 1981 football war film Escape To Victory, say tabloid reports. According to The Sun, the Celebrity Big Brother star wants David Beckham cast in the role of Terry Brady, played in the original by Bobby Moore. The original plot followed the story of Allied prisoners of war who take on a German football team while in a prison camp during World War II. It starred Sir Michael Caine and Sylvester Stallone, while footballers Pele, Ossie (more) »

I suppose he won't e busy this summer

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Bogball XV

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 22, 2010, 01:56:30 PM
Please say this isn't so!!!

Jones plans 'Escape To Victory' remake
4 hours ago | digitalspy | See recent digitalspy news »

Vinnie Jones wants to remake the 1981 football war film Escape To Victory, say tabloid reports. According to The Sun, the Celebrity Big Brother star wants David Beckham cast in the role of Terry Brady, played in the original by Bobby Moore. The original plot followed the story of Allied prisoners of war who take on a German football team while in a prison camp during World War II. It starred Sir Michael Caine and Sylvester Stallone, while footballers Pele, Ossie (more) »

I suppose he won't e busy this summer
holy fcuk, that's hilarious, I can't believe that's how Vinnie Jones is now known (now, I wasn't aware that he has been in celebrity big brother).