Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2010, 12:57:28 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on February 18, 2010, 10:45:30 PM
Watched it again the other week and Dead Man's Shoes is still my favourite film of all time.

Great call.

Certainly would make my top 5 anyway.   Couple of great scenes here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ylrJ0cH2w
"You ya ****!"   

Capt Pat

I was wondering what that Dead Mans Shoes movie was and thought I hadn't seen it, but of course I had just forgotten the title and not the movie. Hard to forget, very dark. A good example of a good British movie. It is one of these movies that needs sto be watched again for obvious reasons.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 16, 2010, 12:56:16 PM
the casting of the hobbit was a major f**king flaw though. It just didn't work.

As for Eastern Promise. Naomi Watts driving along on the motorbike. WTF, They lost me at that point.
I liked eastern promises.

leenie

went to see invictus last nite...

really enjoyed it especially the scene with the township kids..

matt damon was very good...

morgan did his best but still wasn't convincing enough...

was that the real Jonah Lomu in the film?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Schkite

Quote from: leenie on February 20, 2010, 12:03:04 PM

No, it's a retired rugby player who used to play for Bath I believe, and is a good bit shorter and lighter than the man himself.

AbbeySider

Quote from: leenie on February 20, 2010, 12:03:04 PM

I thought it was one of Freemans best performances. I was captivated by him.

omagh_gael

Anyone seen Cadilac Records? Really enjoyed it, all about the music scene in Chicago in the early 60's focusing on the singer Muddy Waters and little walter, excellent music and a decent story too, well worth the watch!

Capt Pat

Solomon Kane is an action/horror film for allfans of this type of movie. 7 out of 10.

Capt Pat

I saw crazy heart which is a more upbeat country music version of "The Wrestler".  Good movie 7.5 out of 10. A bit like a chikc flick but more of a grumpy old man flick.

longrunsthefox

At last got to see Avator. Probably well discussed here. Anyway was class and real political undertones re-USA desecrate forests etc. Apparently some crazies in America committed suicide after seeing it because they could not be Avators in their idillic world. Living in Tyrone, I am happy enough  8)     

screenexile

Was very disappointed with Invictus. I don't think it really captured everything properly and the rugby scenes were a disaster and not realistic at all. It seemed to be a lot of sensationalist sort of USA! USA! crap only it was in South Africa. They could also have explored the team a bit more and the trials and tribulations they went through.

All in all was ver disappointed in it but I had to watch it I guess 5/10.

Think I'm seeing Up in the Air this week. I know it's a chick flick but I've heard mixed reviews on it some saying its great and some saying its poor so I'll report back when I've seen it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
Was very disappointed with Invictus. I don't think it really captured everything properly and the rugby scenes were a disaster and not realistic at all. It seemed to be a lot of sensationalist sort of USA! USA! crap only it was in South Africa. They could also have explored the team a bit more and the trials and tribulations they went through.

Think I'm seeing Up in the Air this week. I know it's a chick flick but I've heard mixed reviews on it some saying its great and some saying its poor so I'll report back when I've seen it.
If you think invictus was 5/10 good luck with up in the air!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ballinaman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 23, 2010, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2010, 05:18:45 PM

If you think invictus was 5/10 good luck with up in the air!
Aye, Invictus was brutal. Watched Up in the Air twice, first time i thought it was ok and the second time i realised just how bad it was, arse falls out of it half way through badly.

vav

Went to see Lovely Bones tonight.. absolutely brilliant film, would definitely recommend it.. want to read the book now!

Capt Pat

I can understand where you are coming from with Invictus, but 5 out of 10 was a bit harsh. A bit disappointed with it myself a great story unfortunately getting the made for TV (TVM) treatment.