Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HULK HOGAN on February 14, 2010, 10:50:12 PM
Y R U RECOMENDING IT THEN
Jesus. Is Green Street the one with the hobbit in it? Danny Dyer make an appearance?

longrunsthefox

Just watched True Romance there on DVD... very good. Plenty of action and good banter as is Tarantino... thumbs up and all that  8)

Celt_Man

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 14, 2010, 11:40:29 PM
Just watched True Romance there on DVD... very good. Plenty of action and good banter as is Tarantino... thumbs up and all that  8)

Christian Slater in that?  One of those ones I have always wanted to watch but never seen it on the box and in the dvd shop
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 15, 2010, 02:43:58 PM

Christian Slater in that?  One of those ones I have always wanted to watch but never seen it on the box and in the dvd shop

Aye-he is in it. It is very good.

Celt_Man

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on February 15, 2010, 02:43:58 PM

Aye-he is in it. It is very good.

Must root around and find it so
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

Picked True Romance up a few years ago in Tesco or HMV for £3.  Great film every time I watch it.  Rosanna Arquette is looking well in it too.  Clarence is a cool dude. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 15, 2010, 03:38:58 PM
Picked True Romance up a few years ago in Tesco or HMV for £3.  Great film every time I watch it.  Rosanna Arquette is looking well in it too.  Clarence is a cool dude.
Only seen this once. Watched it one afternoon blocked out of my brains in first year at Queens with some animals from Armagh. Most of whom are now educating a new breed in St Pats etc!

Canalman

True Romance is a top flick. Green Street also worth a watch  imo .

Film4 showing some great 80s films at the moment. Saw the beginning of Mona Lisa last night......... class movie.

Saw Teen Wolf for the first time in a long time last week......... an enjoyable and very watchable film still.

At the video store last night and very disappointed with the fare on offer with regards new releases.

Capt Pat

Green Street is dreadful muck. add Eastern Promise to that list as well. What the f**k is going on with those movies?

ballinaman

The Blind Side....great stuff, make sure ye see it when it's out.

Couples Retreat was one of the worst movies i've ever see. I cracked the DVD in 2 when it was over so nobody else would have the misfortune as to watch it.

Canalman

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 16, 2010, 12:02:06 PM
Green Street is dreadful muck. add Eastern Promise to that list as well. What the f**k is going on with those movies?

Canalman

Capt Pat...... will have to disagree with you there about Green Street. Alot of people can't imo see beyond the "miscasting" of The Hobbit as a hooligan.

I liked it as a flick as I did The Football Factory. Neither Oscar winners but watchable.

Capt Pat

the casting of the hobbit was a major f**king flaw though. It just didn't work.

As for Eastern Promise. Naomi Watts driving along on the motorbike. WTF, They lost me at that point.

Canalman

Watched "Scum" last night on ITV4.......... set in a 1970s English Borstal starring a very young Ray Winstone.
Seriously disturbing stuff..... very good flick though.  Alot of (now) familiar actors in it .

Galwaybhoy

Watched Homeward Bound the other night.  I know its a kids film but I love it.  I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time I saw it when I was a kid.