Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Not a movie, but I find those documentaries about US prisons on the satelite channels seriously depressing.
Remember seing Louis Theroux some years ago chatting to a 22 year old 3 days into a life without parole sentence in San Quentin (I think). Hard to fathom.

nrico2006

You could go and search for loads of reviews etc which put 28 Days Later ahead of 28 Weeks Later.  I was really looking forward to 28 Weeks Later but thought it was very poor. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

I saw achristmas carol 3d yesterday, a timeless classic. It got 7.2 out of 10 on imdb  which is about right.

Watched where the wild things are today and fell asleep, 6 out of 10.

Niall Quinn

Fantastic Mr Fox is a very stylish effort.
with this from Jarvis Cocker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iED5PftR8
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Puckoon

Watched funny people. Thought it wasn't great.

Just signed up to netflicks, quite excited about that. Unlimited movies per month, 2 delievere at a time, free postage, two day turnover.
$13.99 a month.

nrico2006

I see the Sopranos is only £60 in HMV now. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AbbeySider

nrico2006

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 10:56:53 AM
Maybe not a relevant post but with all you film / tv critics in here, does anybody know where I can get the Sopranos complete box set without having to pay an absolute fortune??

Just replying to SidelineKicks question.

tyrone girl

One year , one month and 11 days later  :o

Dinny Breen

Saw Paranormal Activity at the weekend, very boring, struggle to give it a 5...some of the acting was terrible...
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

I felt someone should help the lad out. 

downredblack

Will watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation , Christmas eve for a bit of craic .

ha ha derry

Anybody seen Inglorious Basterds yet? Love Tarantino movies.

AbbeySider

Quote from: ha ha derry on December 14, 2009, 02:25:39 PM
Anybody seen Inglorious Basterds yet? Love Tarantino movies.

Ya... there is a thread on it but its full of spoilers so dont go near it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and if you are a Tarantino fan you will like it.