Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

When is Elf on?? Best Christmas film ever made bar none!!!

"I just like to smile smiling's my favourite!"

AFS

Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:49:58 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 07, 2009, 02:33:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 07, 2009, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 12:27:44 PM
Quote from: full back on December 07, 2009, 12:20:55 PM
Paranormal Activity

Decent enough show which got better after a slow start.

Not one to watch if you have been on the booze for a few days and are dying though :-\

7/10

Cinema ending is brutal. Original was much better.

I know its now going to look like I'm disagreeing with you for the sake of it.  Maybe its because your a Chargers fan.  :P  But I thought the cinema ending was much better.

But its the best horror film I have seen in a few years.

Ha,maybe...could well be the whole Mayo/Galway Broncos/Chargers thing alright :D Cinema ending gave more of a fright, no argument there but just kinda lost the realism that the rest of the movie created. Best horror i've seen in awhile too though.

Pretty decent horror but the cinema ending was a bit shit, as many people laughed as screamed in the cinema where I watched it. Can you download the original ending on its own from anywhere? Wouldn't mind seeing it but can't be arsed download the whole movie for it.

Go to project free tv website and it streams from there, think they get it off zshare. It streams so just fast forward it to the last 5/10 mins. Should be the original ending because most versions on the net have the original ending.

Cheers  :)

:-\ not that great either. Gonna have to agree with Galwaybhoy and say the cinema one was a bit better. According to the director, there's a third ending where *she goes up to the camera and slits her throat*

*spoiler*

ballinaman

Just watched it back there again, I'm actually torn. Original wasn't as good as i remembered...still bit more realistic though. That 3rd ending would have been mad, would have pushed it up to a +18's ratings anyways!

The squinted eye

Missus was away last weekend so I got my man films weekend in. I Let them build up for a month or two and then splurge when she is away

Terminator Salvation - Not bad, heard it wasnt great but i thought it was alright
Star Trek - Liked it but not as good as I heard
Red Cliff - I love these big martial art movies, thought it was good but probably not quite as good as Flying Daggers or Hero
3 Kingdoms - Better than I thought it would be but probably not quite as good as Red Cliff
Body of Lies - Very good, one of the better ones I have seen lately

AFS

Quote from: The squinted eye on December 07, 2009, 03:50:11 PM
Missus was away last weekend so I got my man films weekend in. I Let them build up for a month or two and then splurge when she is away

Terminator Salvation - Not bad, heard it wasnt great but i thought it was alright
Star Trek - Liked it but not as good as I heard
Red Cliff - I love these big martial art movies, thought it was good but probably not quite as good as Flying Daggers or Hero
3 Kingdoms - Better than I thought it would be but probably not quite as good as Red Cliff
Body of Lies - Very good, one of the better ones I have seen lately

Real cinema movie I think, nowhere near as impressive on the small screen.

Capt Pat

Paranormal Activity

Not one to watch if you have been on the booze for a few days and are dying though :-\

7/10

That movie sent me to sleep and woke me up with a bang at the end.

Capt Pat

Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2009, 08:46:00 PM
Moon.

If you like gaudy sci-fi with a modern twist, watch it. I loved it.

Moon was very good. Pandorum was similar and was also good.

Canalman

Got Hangover out last night. Very underwhelming.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Canalman on December 09, 2009, 09:29:05 AM
Got Hangover out last night. Very underwhelming.

Overrated film of the year

nrico2006

QuoteWhen is Elf on?? Best Christmas film ever made bar none!!!

You are not serious?  Its good but nowhere near the top Christmas movie.  Alot of people go over the top regarding anything Will Ferrell is in - the like of Anchorman or Old School were good enough films but not classics yet people seem to put them on a pedestal as some noughties classic.  Home Alone is hard to beat at Christmas, my favourite film for that time of the year.

The Hangover was very disappointing.  Hugely overrated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

Quote from: AFS on December 07, 2009, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:49:58 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 07, 2009, 02:33:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 07, 2009, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 12:27:44 PM
Paranormal Activity

7/10

Cinema ending is brutal. Original was much better.

I know its now going to look like I'm disagreeing with you for the sake of it.  Maybe its because your a Chargers fan.  :P  But I thought the cinema ending was much better.

But its the best horror film I have seen in a few years.

Ha,maybe...could well be the whole Mayo/Galway Broncos/Chargers thing alright :D Cinema ending gave more of a fright, no argument there but just kinda lost the realism that the rest of the movie created. Best horror i've seen in awhile too though.

Pretty decent horror but the cinema ending was a bit shit, as many people laughed as screamed in the cinema where I watched it. Can you download the original ending on its own from anywhere? Wouldn't mind seeing it but can't be arsed download the whole movie for it.

Go to project free tv website and it streams from there, think they get it off zshare. It streams so just fast forward it to the last 5/10 mins. Should be the original ending because most versions on the net have the original ending.

Cheers  :)

:-\ not that great either. Gonna have to agree with Galwaybhoy and say the cinema one was a bit better. According to the director, there's a third ending where *she goes up to the camera and slits her throat*

*spoiler*

Right, now I'm not sure which one i watched as it was of the net. Could one of you's PM me the two endings so that I know. Don't want to mess it up on anyone else who hasn't seen it.

supersarsfields

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2009, 09:45:51 AM
QuoteWhen is Elf on?? Best Christmas film ever made bar none!!!

You are not serious?  Its good but nowhere near the top Christmas movie.  Alot of people go over the top regarding anything Will Ferrell is in - the like of Anchorman or Old School were good enough films but not classics yet people seem to put them on a pedestal as some noughties classic.  Home Alone is hard to beat at Christmas, my favourite film for that time of the year.

The Hangover was very disappointing.  Hugely overrated.

Always enjoyed bad santa.

Asal Mor

Bad Santa is hilarious - it's a masterpiece really.

Watched a great documentary film on youku.com last week called "Hoop Dreams". It was released in 1994 and follows the real life efforts of 2 high school kids to become pro basketballers. The 2 very talented black kids from the ghetto get scholarships to attend a wealthy white school and its fascinating to follow their struggles. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Canalman

Couldn't agree more ....... Bad Santa is imo one of the best/funniest films I have ever seen. The car chase scene towards the end is class.

ONeill

Laughed a lot during Bad Santa and I don't laugh a lot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.