Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on December 05, 2009, 04:17:16 PM
DO NOT ever watch a film called 'Donkey punch'...sounded good to us, violence and graphic sex scenes it said ont back..we thought this will be worth a watch..my arse!

its worth it just for your doll winstons tits.

ONeill

Moon.

If you like gaudy sci-fi with a modern twist, watch it. I loved it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 05, 2009, 04:40:04 PM
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi on now on ITV 1....

Some show!!!

The Empire Strikes Back was better.
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
New Moon....dragged to see it by the GF was friday. I would go as far as saying i'd rather go blind than see that movie again. Nothing happens and yer one isn't even that deadly. Shocking. If there wasn't books, i'd say it would be one of the worst movies of all time, just getting carried along by the books.

While normally I cant stand romantic films, I thought New Moon was brilliant, though I was a fan of Twilight aswell...

ballinaman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 07, 2009, 10:28:02 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
New Moon....dragged to see it by the GF was friday. I would go as far as saying i'd rather go blind than see that movie again. Nothing happens and yer one isn't even that deadly. Shocking. If there wasn't books, i'd say it would be one of the worst movies of all time, just getting carried along by the books.

While normally I cant stand romantic films, I thought New Moon was brilliant, though I was a fan of Twilight aswell...

Really??Suppose, it's doing class at the box office so couldn't be that bad. I just couldn't see what the big deal was, whats with all the looking away into the distance everytime when they are talking to each other? Yer one Dakota Fanning grew up to be one creepy looking girl...

thebigfella

Watched Miami Vice last night, didn't realise it was as bad in the Cinema. The editing is all over the place and the plot is ludicrous.

full back

Paranormal Activity

Decent enough show which got better after a slow start.

Not one to watch if you have been on the booze for a few days and are dying though :-\

7/10

ballinaman

Quote from: full back on December 07, 2009, 12:20:55 PM
Paranormal Activity

Not one to watch if you have been on the booze for a few days and are dying though :-\

7/10

Cinema ending is brutal. Original was much better.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 12:27:44 PM
Paranormal Activity

7/10

I know its now going to look like I'm disagreeing with you for the sake of it.  Maybe its because your a Chargers fan.  :P  But I thought the cinema ending was much better.

But its the best horror film I have seen in a few years.

The Iceman

Seen Ninja Assassin last week.
Very graphic, not a bad story line.  The Asians all played their parts but some of the others were questionable. 
Great story and fantastic action.  Must see for an Martial Arts movie fans
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Galwaybhoy

Also saw The last house on the left, the orginal one.  A load of shite.

ballinaman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 07, 2009, 02:04:07 PM
Paranormal Activity

7/10

I know its now going to look like I'm disagreeing with you for the sake of it.  Maybe its because your a Chargers fan.  :P  But I thought the cinema ending was much better.

Ha,maybe...could well be the whole Mayo/Galway Broncos/Chargers thing alright :D Cinema ending gave more of a fright, no argument there but just kinda lost the realism that the rest of the movie created. Best horror i've seen in awhile too though.

AFS

Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
Paranormal Activity

7/10

Ha,maybe...could well be the whole Mayo/Galway Broncos/Chargers thing alright :D Cinema ending gave more of a fright, no argument there but just kinda lost the realism that the rest of the movie created. Best horror i've seen in awhile too though.

Pretty decent horror but the cinema ending was a bit shit, as many people laughed as screamed in the cinema where I watched it. Can you download the original ending on its own from anywhere? Wouldn't mind seeing it but can't be arsed download the whole movie for it.

Bainisteoir

Hard to beat home alone around Xmas time  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: AFS on December 07, 2009, 02:33:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
Paranormal Activity

7/10

Pretty decent horror but the cinema ending was a bit shit, as many people laughed as screamed in the cinema where I watched it. Can you download the original ending on its own from anywhere? Wouldn't mind seeing it but can't be arsed download the whole movie for it.

Go to project free tv website and it streams from there, think they get it off zshare. It streams so just fast forward it to the last 5/10 mins. Should be the original ending because most versions on the net have the original ending.