Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: ballinaman on November 13, 2009, 12:04:36 PM
Paranormal activity......will scare the b'jesus out of alot of people. 7.5/10

Couldn't agree more. thought it was well worth the watching.

AbbeySider

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 13, 2009, 12:09:35 PM

Is it in the cinemas yet?

tyrone girl

Yep think it came out last weekend - may take a wee trip to see it tonight

ballinaman

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 13, 2009, 12:28:01 PM

Advanced screenings tonight, think it's on general release next week. Was made in 2007 for 15,000 dollars...mad!!I saw it on the project free tv website, perfect quality.

tyrone girl

Must be different in the south then - cos i know the girl i work with is after saying she went to see it last saturday

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on November 13, 2009, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 13, 2009, 11:27:28 AM
Seen Zombieland 9/10, class movie.

Seen Land of the Lost 6/10 not Ferrels best.

Jennifers Body was ok 6/10, Megan is hot in it for sure.

Seen 9 the animated flick and enjoyed it 8/10.

A film ive meant to see for ages Good Will Hunting, and to be honest for the full 2hrs i was encapsolated. Truely a great story excellently told. 10/10. Just couldnt fault it.

Aerlik Im gonna watch a Christmas Carol today for sure, looks good.

Jees I thought TAKEN was excellent. A vengeance type of movie where Neeson was just kick ass tough.

Have to say I thought Taken was the worst film Iv seen in a long time.No real story development.Lands in Paris and kidnapped within minutes. From about 3 words on a mobile fone Neeson can track exactly where ya man is,etc. Come on now.I can't fault Neeson in it,as some of the stunts look class but the whole lot is just totally unbelieveable.You'd swear its God looking for Jesus at times.

Seen Fourth Kind last nite. Worth a watch and some scenes are very good. It makes it out to be a true story but Iv been looking for evidence on-line and it seems like the whole story is a spoof.

Ahh no I found Taken to be very enjoyable.... nothing too far fetched insofar as he doesn't take on and win a gun battle with a small army... decent movie which does exactly what it's supposed to for 90 minutes

Saw X-Men: Wolverine the other night... decent enough movie without ever blowing your socks off with anything new or daring....

looked at Terminator: Salvation, top show.  Liked the whole look and feel of the movie - really got the whole post-Judgment day, humanity on its knees. the action is very good without being OTT

Saw Outlaw last night, a British movie from 2007 with Sean Bean in it.  thought it was very good, the characters a couple of the main ones especially were very conflicting and weren't just a sraight case of good guys doing harm to the badies
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

Taken is way over rated by a lot of people on here. I thought it was really a bad spirited movie. A decent action movie in some ways a bit like Punisher. At least Punisher is more honest about what it is.

supersarsfields

Quote from: ballinaman on November 13, 2009, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on November 13, 2009, 12:28:01 PM

Advanced screenings tonight, think it's on general release next week. Was made in 2007 for 15,000 dollars...mad!!I saw it on the project free tv website, perfect quality.

I watched it on watch-movies.net. Good quality streaming on one of the links.

nrico2006

Taken is good to watch but you know what to expect.  Its been done loads of times before with slight tweeks from Charlie Bronson in Death Wish, Seagal in Hard To Kill, your man Thomas Jane in the Punisher and even Vin Diesel in A Man Apart.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Would really recommend Capturing the Friedmans ...... available in Chartbusters. A documentary about a deplorable crime that really makes you think. Visits the crime from both sides and leaves it up to you to draw your own conclusions.

Definitely not a Will Ferrell type flick but will imo blow your mind.

leenie

Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 12:13:40 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 12, 2009, 12:08:04 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 12:00:03 AM
Watched Role Models tonight in the house. Not a bad wee film. Not the film I was expecting, but there was a few good wee laughs in it :)
The wee lad is worth about two laughs. Once you past the fact that a wee lad is cursing for the sake of cursing, there is very little humour in this film.
Crap, really.

You said you didn't like Zach and Miri, so your taste isn't up to much.

watched zach and miri last nite and thought it was dung!

the premise for the film is good and expected better but since every other word was a curse and very few one liners, i was very disappointed!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

You're just a silly girl, what do you know leenie!  ::)
Testing Accessibility

leenie

Quote from: ziggysego on November 18, 2009, 12:05:13 AM
You're just a silly girl, what do you know leenie!  ::)

more than you it seems!  8)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

anyone see this 2012? might go and see it at weekend if it's any good
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?