Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

no country for old men. class stuff

Aerlik

I took my son to see "A Christmas Carol" at the weekend.  It frightened him a bit, but I thought it was fantastic.  Superb 3-D stuff.  Probably not for any child under the age of 7 or 8 though.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

tyrone girl

Watched Changling again on sky still fantastic show second time round.
Someone told me "The strangers" was great film and real scary - was all looking forward to watching it but it was pretty shyte

Canalman

Got Taken with Liam Neeson out last night. An enjoyable romp........ think Charles Bronson (Death Wish) with the pension book. Worth a watch and I am not a huge fan of "action" films.

Rudigar

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 11, 2009, 09:40:41 AM
Watched Changling again on sky still fantastic show second time round.

Is that the Jolie one? Excellent show.

nrico2006

The Strangers is a decent show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone girl

Yep the one with angelina jolie - couldnt get it out of my head for few days after -knowing it was true.

Didnt think strangers was decent - got very monotonous i thought - bit freaky in bits surely but thought it sounded better than it actually was.

Anyone ever see the show - I know my first name is stephen ? Was just thinking about it the other day - i remember watching it years ago about the wee boy being kidnapped - was a great film at the time

SLIGONIAN

Seen Zombieland 9/10, class movie.

Seen Land of the Lost 6/10 not Ferrels best.

Jennifers Body was ok 6/10, Megan is hot in it for sure.

Seen 9 the animated flick and enjoyed it 8/10.

A film ive meant to see for ages Good Will Hunting, and to be honest for the full 2hrs i was encapsolated. Truely a great story excellently told. 10/10. Just couldnt fault it.

Aerlik Im gonna watch a Christmas Carol today for sure, looks good.

Jees I thought TAKEN was excellent. A vengeance type of movie where Neeson was just kick ass tough.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rawhide

Good Will Hunting, an absolute classic, as is Finding Forrester with Sean Connery
cccc is a true supporter lol

nrico2006

Good Will Hunting is unbelievable.  Other good Damon films are The Legend of Bagger Vance and Rounders.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

boojangles

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 13, 2009, 11:27:28 AM
Seen Zombieland 9/10, class movie.

Seen Land of the Lost 6/10 not Ferrels best.

Jennifers Body was ok 6/10, Megan is hot in it for sure.

Seen 9 the animated flick and enjoyed it 8/10.

A film ive meant to see for ages Good Will Hunting, and to be honest for the full 2hrs i was encapsolated. Truely a great story excellently told. 10/10. Just couldnt fault it.

Aerlik Im gonna watch a Christmas Carol today for sure, looks good.

Jees I thought TAKEN was excellent. A vengeance type of movie where Neeson was just kick ass tough.

Have to say I thought Taken was the worst film Iv seen in a long time.No real story development.Lands in Paris and kidnapped within minutes. From about 3 words on a mobile fone Neeson can track exactly where ya man is,etc. Come on now.I can't fault Neeson in it,as some of the stunts look class but the whole lot is just totally unbelieveable.You'd swear its God looking for Jesus at times.

Seen Fourth Kind last nite. Worth a watch and some scenes are very good. It makes it out to be a true story but Iv been looking for evidence on-line and it seems like the whole story is a spoof.

AbbeySider

Quote from: boojangles on November 13, 2009, 11:36:15 AM
Have to say I thought Taken was the worst film Iv seen in a long time.No real story development.Lands in Paris and kidnapped within minutes. From about 3 words on a mobile fone Neeson can track exactly where ya man is,etc. Come on now.I can't fault Neeson in it,as some of the stunts look class but the whole lot is just totally unbelieveable.You'd swear its God looking for Jesus at times.

Why dont you ruin the ending for everyone as well?  ;)

Taken was a good film IMO, one of the better modern action films. Beats the socks off Transporter or any shite like that.

I saw Zombieland last night. Pure daft but quite enjoyable.

tyrone girl

I thought taken was one of the best shows ive watched in a while. As for fourth kind - was thinking about going to see that but is it about aliens and all that?

ballinaman

Paranormal activity......will scare the b'jesus out of alot of people. 7.5/10