Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Watched Black Hawk Down on Channel 5 last night....forgot how good it was....
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Bought the Band of Brothers boxset for E23 last night in HMV. Haven't seen it so am looking forward to it. Got Glory DVD also quiet cheap. Tempted also to get the Messrine DVD...... c E9.

Wasn't in HMV for a while, seems to be more about DVDs now than CDs.

DirtyDozen12

Blade on Channel 5 now, love this show.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Capt Pat

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2009, 12:00:31 AM
Watched Up this evening there and was mightily impressed. Yes it was surprisingly sad in parts but Pixar have a real knack of getting you very involved in the characters and making you smile. Excellent film for all the family to enjoy... 9/10

I have to say I don't really buy into these cartoons like a lot of people do. I thought it was ok and would give it 7 out of 10. Other people obviously like them better, as when the movie ended I got up out of my seat straight away to go and everybody else was sat there watching the credits as there were a couple of funny images to go along with the credits.

ONeill

I'd go with 7/10 too. Starts well but after about 45 mins it wanes a little to the point that you're drifting in and out of concentration.

Excellent opening 20 mins though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Niall Quinn

Ordinary People - Lord Jesus why?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Dinny Breen

Adventureland is a good show with a cracking sound track.... amadeus amadeus amadeus amadeus
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 24, 2009, 06:33:45 PM
Adventureland is a good show with a cracking sound track.... amadeus amadeus amadeus amadeus

Enjoyed Adventureland too Dinny good show and the main guy is good in it which leads me on to Zombieland... I thought it was a great film! Highly enjoyable with plenty of blood and guts and plenty of laughs. 8.5/10

Dinny Breen

Yea really enjoyed Zombieland too - Bill Murray's cameo was very funny, his last line, won't spoil it for anyone, cracked me up...
7.5/10
#newbridgeornowhere

Denn Forever

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 24, 2009, 07:16:20 PM
Yea really enjoyed Zombieland too - Bill Murray's cameo was very funny, his last line, won't spoil it for anyone, cracked me up...
7.5/10

Have you not spoiled it by saying 1) there is a cameo and 2) who it is?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Schkite

Have to say I had no prior knowledge of the cameo in Zombieland myself and was pleasantly surprised by it, twas very well done! Enjoyable enough film it was, about 7/10 in my book.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 23, 2009, 09:50:35 AM
I'd go with 7/10 too. Starts well but after about 45 mins it wanes a little to the point that you're drifting in and out of concentration.

Excellent opening 20 mins though.
Up was the first trip to the cinema for the middle boy. It'll be a while before he's back. I'd give it 7 too but I'd need to see it again as I spent a lot of time chasing himself up and down the stairs in the cinema!

Celt_Man

Jaws on RTÉ 2 now.... sometimes the old classics are the best!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.