Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 14, 2009, 04:51:15 PM
I saw it in 3D as well. Very good. One for all ages
Also the short film before it was very good. Cloudy i think you call it.

I thot that was part of the film  ??? It was class

vav

Brill film. sad at times & funny too.. Loved the short film "Partly Cloudy" before it too. Would defo recommend it as a must see, with or without bringing the kids along!!

Jimmy Two Times

Watched Leon there for the first time...thought it was brilliant.  I can't believe I hadn't seen it before now...has the director of it done anything else worth watching?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on October 15, 2009, 01:45:31 AM
Watched Leon there for the first time...thought it was brilliant.  I can't believe I hadn't seen it before now...has the director of it done anything else worth watching?

Leon????? Theres a blast from the past.

Luc Besson. The 5th Element, Nikita, the Transporter series of films.  The Transporter is all cars and chases, you know yourself what to expect with Jason Statham. Angel A is another one a bit more alternative. All are worth a watch in my opinion.

Billys Boots

Jaysus Pat, what about 'Subway' and 'The Big Blue'?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tyrone girl

Watched East is East last night - bout my 10th time watching it but it still cracks me up - funny as feck

AbbeySider

Did anyone else find it a bit emotional and sad?
There is a lot of themes like that running through the flim, themes that younger audiences wouldnt get.
I really appreciate film/show that can be read into at a number of levels.

The younger audience laugh at the slapstick, and I find humour in the adult stuff.

quit yo jibbajabba

its probably been mentioned before on these 99pgs; dont have time to trawl sorry;

watched "there will be blood" at last there y'day; good show, with day lewis excellent; but was it just me who at the end was thinking, "Wha?"
the overall theme seemed to be although he was very successful/rich etc; that he was a cruel so and so, who in the end isolated himself from one and all;
was that it? Am i missing anything?Was the vicar guy the same one as the young one who approached him initially?

Feel free to call me stoopid :-[

Canalman

Agree with you about East is East TG, a top film and a must see for those who haven't already seen it. Directed by a Dub and all.

Other "oldies" recently seen by me again and "Must sees " imo are

1 Training Day
2 Man on Fire
3 Boogie Nights

achadh gallain

I watched both "The goonies" and "Stand by me" last week.....

Brilliant.

Capt Pat

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 15, 2009, 09:46:24 AM
its probably been mentioned before on these 99pgs; dont have time to trawl sorry;

watched "there will be blood" at last there y'day; good show, with day lewis excellent; but was it just me who at the end was thinking, "Wha?"
the overall theme seemed to be although he was very successful/rich etc; that he was a cruel so and so, who in the end isolated himself from one and all;
was that it? Am i missing anything?Was the vicar guy the same one as the young one who approached him initially?

Feel free to call me stoopid :-[

That was the theme of the movie, a very simple and true to life one.

That vicar guy was the same yong chap at the start.

DrinkingHarp

Just seen Couples Retreat starring Vince Vaughn, John Faverue (sp?), Jason Bateman and 3 hot chicks as their wifes.

Some VERY funny scenes (especially with the Yoga instructor) but the overall movie was slow.

6 out 0f 10 stars

Plus side- there is some incredible bikini scenes with fantastic bodies in the bikinis ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 15, 2009, 09:45:50 AM

Did anyone else find it a bit emotional and sad?
There is a lot of themes like that running through the flim, themes that younger audiences wouldnt get.
I really appreciate film/show that can be read into at a number of levels.

The younger audience laugh at the slapstick, and I find humour in the adult stuff.
Might take small fry to see this on Saturday. Disney/Pixar make some of the best movies out there of any genre.

long sleves

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on October 15, 2009, 05:51:38 PM
Just seen Couples Retreat starring Vince Vaughn, John Faverue (sp?), Jason Bateman and 3 hot chicks as their wifes.

Some VERY funny scenes (especially with the Yoga instructor) but the overall movie was slow.

6 out 0f 10 stars

Plus side- there is some incredible bikini scenes with fantastic bodies in the bikinis ;)

Enough about the male cast what did the women look like?

Just after watching 'looking for Eric' Featuring Eric Cantona. Ok film, would give it a 6 out of 10.

screenexile

Watched Up this evening there and was mightily impressed. Yes it was surprisingly sad in parts but Pixar have a real knack of getting you very involved in the characters and making you smile. Excellent film for all the family to enjoy... 9/10