Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2017, 11:14:52 AM
McDonagh's new movie 3 Billboards Outside Epping Missouri looks mental/class!!!

If you haven't seen the trailer be sure to watch it...

WARNING DEFINITELY NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU
Looks excellent.

Man Marker

lurganblue

On Mother's day i even let the wife pick the film, so she put on "Jackie", the one about Jackie Kennedy.  It was so bad that even herself could only stick a half an hour of it (thank f*ck).  It was slow, dull and altogether too arty for my liking

mrdeeds

Watched Sully last night. Great viewing. How true is it about the aftermath?

What's the worst movie Tom Hanks has done? Joe versus the Volcano maybe.

Watched the Three Billboards trailer. Looks class. Loved Seven Psychopaths especially the scene where Christopher Walken is asked to put up his hands.

NAG1

Had the misfortune of watching The Great Wall - really poor

Re-watched No Country for Old Men, still find it a really good watch.

leenie

Beauty and beast - just amazing , couldn't reccomend it highly enough , spectalur cinema experience..
10/10
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Jell 0 Biafra

Gimme Danger, Jim Jarmusch doc on the Stooges.  Fantastic stuff.  I always liked their music, and saw them live a couple of times on their reunion tours, but didn't know much about their story.  Those boys did some hard living.

The Iceman

Split - James McAvoy
I liked it a lot. Sits with you. Great underlying story-line with the main female character.  Very interesting subject matter (multiple personalities disorder). I thought McAvoy was superb...Some thrilling moments. Nice twist at the end too... 7/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Walter Cronc

Great Wall. Brutal. 2/10

Ghost in the shell. Not much better. 4/10

Syferus

Get Out - joint-best film so far this year. Smart, funny, chilling.

Logan - the other best film of the year so far. The best superhero movie of all time.

Kong: Skull Island - quality popcorn film that knows exactly what it is and hams it up effectively.

Life - Deadpool and Donnie Darko are scientists trapped on the ISS with the first alien life form that has been discovered. Derivative sci-fi horror but well acted and executed. I'm a sucker for hard sci-fi.

nrico2006

Quote from: The Iceman on April 10, 2017, 02:37:22 PM
Split - James McAvoy
I liked it a lot. Sits with you. Great underlying story-line with the main female character.  Very interesting subject matter (multiple personalities disorder). I thought McAvoy was superb...Some thrilling moments. Nice twist at the end too... 7/10

Split was good, but the end bit was really exciting.  Knew I recognised that music somewhere before.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 10, 2017, 03:59:14 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 10, 2017, 02:37:22 PM
Split - James McAvoy

Split was good, but the end bit was really exciting.  Knew I recognised that music somewhere before.

Watched it last night , mcavoy great in it - not to sure about the ending though.. reckon there's a follow up?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

nrico2006

Apparently going to be a film that brings Unbreakable and Split together.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Watched Split. Wow what an ending.

straightred

enjoyed hidden figures. Octavia spencer is great in it. had to look her up to see were i knew her from. She was also v good in The Help