Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2016, 11:31:30 PM
Sully -  excellent. 

Look forward to Rogue 1. Are 6 &  7 year olds too young?
There were younger children there when I was watching it. The BBFC have guidance that 12A has a lower limit of 8 years old but it is only guidance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 22, 2016, 08:48:46 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2016, 11:31:30 PM
Sully -  excellent. 

Look forward to Rogue 1. Are 6 &  7 year olds too young?
There were younger children there when I was watching it. The BBFC have guidance that 12A has a lower limit of 8 years old but it is only guidance.

Must have hurt you paying to watch a film ? :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leenie

Nocturnal animals ... v. Good, intense thriller a story within a story.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

muppet

Watched Santa Claws with the kids.

It is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever, ever seen. It is beyond atrocious.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Not a movie but any views on westworld??

Seems like a strange show. About halfway through the first series but still persisting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 23, 2016, 04:25:09 PM

Seems like a strange show. About halfway through the first series but still persisting.

Brilliant, stick with it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

I gave up on it. Found it extremely boring.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2016, 05:29:49 PM

Best show of 2016 by a distance. How anyone could find an actor as great as Anthony Hopkins boring I'll never know.

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on December 23, 2016, 07:50:18 PM

Best show of 2016 by a distance. How anyone could find an actor as great as Anthony Hopkins boring I'll never know.

It's was shite for 5 or 6 episodes and good for 3 or 4. It's a darling of the hype brigade though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on December 24, 2016, 08:04:11 PM

It's was shite for 5 or 6 episodes and good for 3 or 4. It's a darling of the hype brigade though.

Or as the rest of the world knows them critics and viewers. It was a huge popular and critical success. HBO's highest ever watched first season.

Esmarelda

Quote from: trileacman on December 24, 2016, 08:04:11 PM

The first five or six episodes built to a brilliant climax in the latter episodes. Would that be a more accurate way of putting it?

mrdeeds

Watched the Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Easy viewing and funny. Definitely worth a watch.

Far East

A brilliant movie. Really funny, beautifully acted and really quite touching.....highly recommended

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 25, 2016, 03:07:39 PM
Watched the Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Easy viewing and funny. Definitely worth a watch.

Great shout. If you enjoyed that, check out Boy from the same director, Taika Waititi (spelling). He did a vampire comedy too, think it was called What we do in the darkness
Hasta la victoria siempre

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 26, 2016, 02:35:27 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 25, 2016, 03:07:39 PM

Great shout. If you enjoyed that, check out Boy from the same director, Taika Waititi (spelling). He did a vampire comedy too, think it was called What we do in the darkness

What we do in the shadows
Hasta la victoria siempre