Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Watched David Brent movie. It's ok. Not near as good as The Office though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 20, 2016, 08:02:25 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 19, 2016, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2016, 04:59:14 AM
Rogue One was great. Lives up to the name of the series more than any other entry.

Great movie. In fact, the last 2 films have been great additions.

+1

Final battle scene alternating from ground to space was just proper cinema.
Looking forward to it. Fella on Facebook yesterday thinking he was the lad as he has a hooky copy on his Android box. Only fooling himself - I'll be going to Omniplex Maxx for 20 metres of surround sound goodness.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 20, 2016, 08:02:25 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 19, 2016, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2016, 04:59:14 AM
Rogue One was great. Lives up to the name of the series more than any other entry.

Great movie. In fact, the last 2 films have been great additions.

+1

Final battle scene alternating from ground to space was just proper cinema.

Superb show. Love how it snugs up beside Star Wars A New Hope without complicating things.

It sits up there with the best of the franchise in my opinion.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Syferus

The more I think about it the better I think it is. I feel like they could have given Jyn and Cassian a little more characterisation but the film makes strengths out of what were ridiculous plot elements in A New Hope (that the Death Star was designed with a massive flaw) and makes the story and drive of it stronger by demonstrating the Death Star's destructive potential better than blowing up an entire planet ever could.

That was one of the best endings in the history of blockbusters and easily the best ending for a Star Wars film, and that we all know what happens next it makes that makes it an even greater achievement to be able to produce something that good.

The fact Disney were on board for that ending makes me think Star Wars as a universe is in very good hands now, the good stuff in The Force Awakens wasn't simply a lucky hit.

JPGJOHNNYG

This was the first film in a while that i wanted to see again asap. Cant understand how force awakens is rated higher than rogue one on almost every review site. This was almost flawless and right up there with episodes 4 and 5. Force awakens although enjoyable had plenty of dodgy moments plot holes and the whole its a rip off off of a new hope anyway. Rogue one kicks its a$$

Avondhu star

Michael Collins. Very good.
SPOILER ALERT.
He gets killed in the end
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 21, 2016, 02:08:40 AM
This was the first film in a while that i wanted to see again asap. Cant understand how force awakens is rated higher than rogue one on almost every review site. This was almost flawless and right up there with episodes 4 and 5. Force awakens although enjoyable had plenty of dodgy moments plot holes and the whole its a rip off off of a new hope anyway. Rogue one kicks its a$$

Totally agree with all this. Its only loyalty and sentimentality that makes me refuse to say its not as good as SW, Empire etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Really enjoyed this, top notch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Watched Rogue One earlier. Pure class!

JoG2

Sully -  excellent. 

Look forward to Rogue 1. Are 6 &  7 year olds too young?

JPGJOHNNYG

Yes i would say so pretty dark and very violent i think its 12 cert is about right

mrdeeds

Watched the new Ghostbusters. Had no preconceptions about it. But it is complete rubbish. A comedy aimed at children. A huge insult to the original. Bad writing and direction. Nothing to do with the female leads.

ziggysego

Just seen Rogue One tonight. Excellent film. Right up there with The Empire Strikes Back for me, the best of the trilogy films. As someone stated earlier, ties up some of the ridiculous plot points from A New Hope and leads into it great.

I was one of the ones that panic when I said Disney won the rights to Star Wars, but they are off to a flying start with their first two films.
Testing Accessibility

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ziggysego on December 22, 2016, 12:20:52 AM
Just seen Rogue One tonight. Excellent film. Right up there with The Empire Strikes Back for me, the best of the trilogy films. As someone stated earlier, ties up some of the ridiculous plot points from A New Hope and leads into it great.

I was one of the ones that panic when I said Disney won the rights to Star Wars, but they are off to a flying start with their first two films.

Well when ya watched them back in the day they made sense but now it clears a lot of stuff up or just improves a great story
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2016, 12:28:58 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 22, 2016, 12:20:52 AM

Well when ya watched them back in the day they made sense but now it clears a lot of stuff up or just improves a great story

Improves a great story.
Testing Accessibility