Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Midnight Special - good show 8/10
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

I know it's been out a while but Sing Street was excellent. Also watched Everybody Wants Some which seems to be a loose sequel to Dazed and Confused. Really enjoyed it and with Sing Street it was a great wee coming of age double bill.

mrdeeds

Watched everybody wants some. A nice easy watch.

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2016, 10:21:20 AM
Midnight Special - good show 8/10
I really enjoyed it, slow paced, beautifully filmed and acted.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 03, 2016, 11:36:36 PM
Watched everybody wants some. A nice easy watch.
The one thing I struggled with is that most of the lads look as if they are pushing 40  ;D

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Blood Father with Mel Gibson is a decent watch

JoG2

Watched a few movies in the last couple of months:

Sing Street: excellent 8.5/10

Bourne: disappointed tbh. Decent enough action @ times, watery story line. The camera work was far too fecking jumpy (if that makes sense) 6/10

Tarzan: enjoyable 7/10

Skiptrace: Jackie Chan / Johnny Knoxsville. Passed an hour and a half. Good action and funny in parts 6.5/10

Popstar. Andy Samberg. Absolute dung. Switched off after 30 mins. 0/10

Grimsby: see above. 0/10

Bastille Day. Big Idris Elba / Robb Stark. Good action flick 7/10

Nymph0maniac 2: had a quick flick, meh  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: JoG2 on September 12, 2016, 02:15:43 PM
Watched a few movies in the last couple of months:

Sing Street: excellent 8.5/10

Bourne: disappointed tbh. Decent enough action @ times, watery story line. The camera work was far too fecking jumpy (if that makes sense) 6/10

Tarzan: enjoyable 7/10

Skiptrace: Jackie Chan / Johnny Knoxsville. Passed an hour and a half. Good action and funny in parts 6.5/10

Popstar. Andy Samberg. Absolute dung. Switched off after 30 mins. 0/10

Grimsby: see above. 0/10

Bastille Day. Big Idris Elba / Robb Stark. Good action flick 7/10

Nymph0maniac 2: had a quick flick, meh  ;)

Of what?   :-X

bennydorano

See that Sing Street getting nothing but positive vibes here. Thought it was unoriginal & pish tbh.

JimStynes

Trying to get hold of the Roberto Duran Movie - Hands of Stone. If anyone finds a good stream or download let us know.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on September 17, 2016, 07:57:04 AM
Trying to get hold of the Roberto Duran Movie - Hands of Stone. If anyone finds a good stream or download let us know.

It's only just been released. You'll likely have to wait a bit for a DVD quality copy.

leenie

Watched to kill a mockingbird for the first time .. Thought it was slow to start with but v good film.

Anyone read the book at school? Why do the children call him attiticus? Was googling for answer but there's a broad variation of explanations

Watched the new Woody Allen on cafe society . It was ok, but would not have casted Kristen Stewart, lost serious weight, v gaunt looking..

Seen the trailer for passengers , looks like it could b v good..

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

laoislad

Quote from: leenie on September 21, 2016, 09:48:00 AM
Watched to kill a mockingbird for the first time .. Thought it was slow to start with but v good film.

Anyone read the book at school? Why do the children call him attiticus? Was googling for answer but there's a broad variation of explanations

Watched the new Woody Allen on cafe society . It was ok, but would not have casted Kristen Stewart, lost serious weight, v gaunt looking..

Seen the trailer for passengers , looks like it could b v good..
I did it for either my Junior Cert or Leaving Cert can't remember which. Loved the book and the film.
Must read it again actually.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leenie

Why didn't they call him father or dad etc ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..