Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Watched Superman vs Batman.....OMG it was pure awful from start to finish.

Dinny Breen

Omar - good show about betrayal. Didn't want it to end. Set in Palestineand subtitles.
#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

watched Whiplash last night.  Reminded me of full metal jacket but without the guns and war.  Didnt know whether to laugh or be shocked.

AZOffaly

apropos of nothing, I saw a funny tweet from Paul Murphy, the Kilkenny hurler, to Michael Fennelly. He said something llike , 'Hey, saw a great movie there called Troy. Brad Pitt stars as this lad called Achille.......actually, don't watch that movie'.

Canalman

Stumbled on a film called Pilgrim Hill ( I think) over the weekend. Irish mockumentary film. Very very good in an understated way.

JimStynes

Watched a French film called 'A Prophet' on Amazon prime there. Great show if you can stand the subtitles. A fella sent to prison and inevitable becomes more of a gangster due to prison!

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on August 23, 2016, 03:05:55 PM
Watched a French film called 'A Prophet' on Amazon prime there. Great show if you can stand the subtitles. A fella sent to prison and inevitable becomes more of a gangster due to prison!

Excellent film watched it a few years ago great stuff if a little gruesome at times!

blewuporstuffed

Any one watched 'Beasts of no nation' on Netflix?
worth a  watch?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 23, 2016, 03:26:07 PM
Any one watched 'Beasts of no nation' on Netflix?
worth a  watch?

Yes and Yes!

nrico2006

Might watch the Blake Lively film tonight, (she) looks unreal in it.

Alternatively, that new Radcliffe film Imperium looks good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 24, 2016, 10:15:27 AM

Watched imperium ... Thought it would have been better , interesting take on white Sumprency, and the middle class family take on it was intriguing but think it could have been better but watchable ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

nrico2006

Quote from: leenie on August 29, 2016, 03:16:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 24, 2016, 10:15:27 AM

Watched imperium ... Thought it would have been better , interesting take on white Sumprency, and the middle class family take on it was intriguing but think it could have been better but watchable ..

Aye, thought it was good myself but felt a bit rushed towards the end with a pretty low key ending.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Finally watched '71. Cracking film. Jack O'Connell was excellent in it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on August 29, 2016, 03:35:36 PM
Agree on all counts. He's great in Starred Up too.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 29, 2016, 06:42:37 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 29, 2016, 03:35:36 PM
Agree on all counts. He's great in Starred Up too.

Yeah, Starred Up was outstanding. He's been absolutely great in anything he's been in, from This Is England, Skins and the films.