Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Watched Silverado the other week, best show I have seen in a while.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

Watched Concussion and Spotlight over the weekend - both very good films

bennydorano

Surprised at how much I enjoyed Straight outta Compton, great film with some fantastic  (& hugely relevant) social commentary.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2016, 10:22:56 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 11, 2016, 06:39:49 PM
George Clooney has been in a serious amount of shite films

Burn After Reading his highlight.

Haven't seen that one but Michael Clayton was a great flick. Should have gotten best picture Oscar instead of that No Country for Old Men shite.

bennydorano

Big Short very good - suppose you'd need to find the subject matter interesting tho

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2016, 08:40:06 AM
Big Short very good - suppose you'd need to find the subject matter interesting tho

I like the way they dealt with the particularly complex financial stuff.
MWWSI 2017

lurganblue

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 11:17:12 AM

yes, Margot Robbie in a bath does help indeed

muppet

Quote from: lurganblue on August 08, 2016, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 11:17:12 AM

yes, Margot Robbie in a bath does help indeed

I reckon most of us would have been much better at, for example, calculus if that is how it was taught.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Caught up with Sing Street over the weekend. A really enjoyable movie and a much watch for anyone who likes music and grew up in the 80s.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Saw 66 Days at the weekend. Excellent production! Harrowing times for anyone involved at that period.

charlieTully

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 15, 2016, 11:11:25 AM
Caught up with Sing Street over the weekend. A really enjoyable movie and a much watch for anyone who likes music and grew up in the 80s.

+1, very enjoyable movie.

screenexile

For once said to the Missus she could pick the film . . . I'll not be doing it again.

Ended up watching 50 shades of Grey and it was the most one dimensional stories, least well acted wooden films I have ever seen!!

JimStynes

Watched 13 hours of Benghazi last night. Pile of shite but plenty of action in it.

Windmill abu

"The Purge" is on now on Film 4 . Excellent movie as is the follow up "The Purge Anarchy" Watch them both.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

JPGJOHNNYG

^^^
Purge 1 - On the night anything goes lets just let some random fecker into the house
Purge 2 - Lets start our 45 min drive home 1 hr before anything goes starts you know its not like we may have car trouble or something.
Purge 3 (not seen it) - man decides to nip to the local for a swift half 10 minutes before absolute chaos unfolds
I reckon I would be in my very own nuclear bunker about 3 weeks before the purge kicks off just saying like but probably not a very interesting story line

Cant stand UFC and all the shite that goes with it but I did watch Warrior recently and it was pretty good.