Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Thought the jungle book was an excellent film

Orior

Had the misfortune of watching Abbott and Costello go to Mars yesterday. Back in them days funny appears to be slapping each other a la The Three Stooges. Not one joke worth repeating and certainly not in the Who's on First Base category.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Iceman

Watched a show called "Colonia" last night. Loved it. Not the greatest cast but solid performances and harrowing content. 8/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mrdeeds

Watched Mad Max last night. Too much action and not a lot of script. Basically a chase scene for two hours.

The Iceman

Made it to the cinema to see Captain America Civil War. Definitely enjoyed it but wasn't crazy about the ending - thought Spiderman stole the show when he was around, great comedy double act with Stark.
Entertaining 7.5/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Main Street

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 02, 2016, 09:21:41 PM
Watched Mad Max last night. Too much action and not a lot of script. Basically a chase scene for two hours.
The script was drier than the drought there.
Afair,  there wasn't even any sex.

Never beat the deeler

Went to see 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' at the weekend. It's a New Zealand movie from Taika Waititi who also directed 'Boy' and 'What we do in the shadows' (Eagle vs Shark too but I haven't seen that one yet).

Would really recommend it. Had already seen the other two mentioned above and love his brand of humour.

Sam Neil plays one of the lead characters, and you will notice some familiar faces if you watch Flight of the Conchords. Similar to Ireland I guess, it's a small community so a lot of the same actors would be in different things.

light-hearted, touching, and laugh out loud funny

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4698684/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Hasta la victoria siempre

leenie

Thought x-men apocalypse was dung .. 3 /10 v disappointed in it ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

themac_23

Caught the Nice Guys at the weekend there, wasn't what i was expecting to be honest. Really enjoyed it, it is what it is stupid funny with a paper thin plot line but Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling worked really well off each other, if you want light hearted comedy, give it a go!

lurganblue

Quote from: The Iceman on May 11, 2016, 12:58:10 AM
Made it to the cinema to see Captain America Civil War. Definitely enjoyed it but wasn't crazy about the ending - thought Spiderman stole the show when he was around, great comedy double act with Stark.
Entertaining 7.5/10

agree with this. also enjoyed the parts with antman.  I may have to go and watch that film now too

mrdeeds

Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Decent movie. Also saw The Nice Guys. Really good comedy.

The Iceman

Triple 9 - solid cast, not a bad show at all 7/10
Midnight Special - not sure what to make of it - one of those films that sits with you afterwards - 6/10 worth a look

Canalman

Seen a very odd French movie there last night called Holy Motors. Can't for the life of me make out what it was about. Very strange. Kylie Minogue shows up in it.

Watched Margin Call as well . Film about the subprime crash. Very watchable.

leenie

If you're into alternative / dark films I recommend tale of tales , it one of those films that leaves you asking 'wtf was that .. It's got rave reviews on IMDb.. Was released in u.s last yr , out here on the 17th

It's gothic fairy tales with Salem hayek
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..