Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2016, 09:36:41 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2016, 09:03:16 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2016, 08:40:57 AM
Watched Entourage. Easy watch- just the same as the TV series if you like tit. Story line very light but it really is just an extended TV episode.
Who doesn't!

McCarron?
He likes a bit of everything

mrdeeds

Watched Spotlight. Ok movie but wouldn't go as far as best picture. Not a patch on The Big Short in my opinion.

Main Street

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 11, 2016, 04:58:20 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on April 11, 2016, 09:32:10 AM
Watched the latest Mad Max last night. What are film producers smoking. I have no problem with equality between the sexes but my god this whole empowering women thing in the films is starting to get to much. The wife was watching it with me and she even commented that was over the top. The story was rubbish the cast were poor and the CGI was well CGI. All in all a poor remake.

It's a great flick. Hardly a re-make of the original either, I dunno where you get that from. And a lot of the special effects were practical.
I think I've seen that type of desert, vehicle chase concept before, which took up most of this film.  It was very well made but dead otherwise.
Not a film I'd watch with my wife.

STREET FIGHTER

Any recommendations folks?

Hound

London Has Fallen

Great action film, storyline very far fetched. Very funny theme running through it about incompetent englishmen (not sure whether intended or not).

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
London's Falling

Great action film, storyline very far fetched. Very funny theme running through it about incompetent englishmen (not sure whether intended or not).

London Has Fallen?

Rois

Eddie the Eagle

An entire 6 of us in the cinema on Sat watched it at Lisburn Omniplex. Won't suit film buffs but it was heart warming and an easy watch.

fearsiuil

Eye in the Sky, Helen Mirren & Alan Rickman. Really good movie that plays on the chain of command over the order to strike Muslim extremists. Highly recommend.

Declan

Watched both Spotlight and Sing Street over the weekend. Both very enjoyable and well worth a watch

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2016, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
London's Falling

London Has Fallen?

Chinese subtitles through it? couldnt find a decent stream without them.

gallsman

Captain America is great. Great action, great fun.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
cinema or stream? Looking forward to it myself have to say
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

Cinema but of course. When you've 12 odd superheroes fighting it out you need a big screen!

PW Nally

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2016, 09:39:48 PM
Load of dung I thought. 6 v 6 "enhanced" individuals using their comic book powers to beat the lard out of each other with a pathetic storyline that finishes like the end of a TV series episode.

gallsman

Were you expecting Gandhi or Schindler's List?