Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Took in Batman v Superman in the Maxx last night.  I enjoyed it.  Think people are being a little over critical, but then i am not a comic reader myself. Story was ok, plenty of action, stuff got wrecked... that's all i expected from it really.

Watched Get Short at the weekend too.  It was the wolf on wall street without the sex, drugs and wild lifestyle. 

Eamonnca1

Batman v Superman was all right. Ben Afleck was decent in the role. Turning Superman into a brooding dark character was a bit off IMHO. I wish filmmakers would stop re-casting everything as dark and gritty these days, it's getting old. The religious preaching was every bit as unsubtle as in Man of Steel, which was complete religious propaganda.

Just saw Eye in the Sky. Terrific flick. All about the cost of war, "collateral damage," and the different decision-making processes made by politicians and military people. It has Helen Mirren too, so that's reason enough to watch it.

laoislad

Watched Deadpool last night. Don't understand what all the fuss about it is. 2/10
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gold

Quote from: laoislad on April 03, 2016, 08:55:52 AM
Watched Deadpool last night. Don't understand what all the fuss about it is. 2/10

Saw it Thursday night.

Agreed.

Pure rubbish
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

nrico2006

Quote from: Gold on April 03, 2016, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 03, 2016, 08:55:52 AM

Saw it Thursday night.

Agreed.

Pure rubbish

Watched Deadpool and it was average.  Superman v Batman was crap, boring as hell too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 30, 2016, 12:40:37 PM
Saw Sing Street yesterday, agree with Capt Pat, great entertainment and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thought it was very good too.

lurganblue

I watched Concussion last night. It was strange watching Will Smith with a Nigerian accent.  I enjoyed the show, although it is a little slow paced.  6/10

AZOffaly

First trailer out for the Rogue One Star Wars spin off. Looks like it'll be along similar lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg&feature=youtu.be

Eamonnca1

I'm looking forward to Rogue One. Could be a taste of what the prequels could have been.

Eamonnca1

Just saw Midnight Special. Top quality bit of Sci Fi. One of the best films I've seen so far this year. Bit slow at first, but when they start feeding you clues about what's going on it becomes gripping, and the payoff at the end is mind-blowing.

http://youtu.be/1zuQTmVCEn4

Under Lights

Watched Entourage. Easy watch- just the same as the TV series if you like tit. Story line very light but it really is just an extended TV episode.

laoislad

Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2016, 08:40:57 AM
Watched Entourage. Easy watch- just the same as the TV series if you like tit. Story line very light but it really is just an extended TV episode.
Who doesn't!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hereiam

Watched the latest Mad Max last night. What are film producers smoking. I have no problem with equality between the sexes but my god this whole empowering women thing in the films is starting to get to much. The wife was watching it with me and she even commented that was over the top. The story was rubbish the cast were poor and the CGI was well CGI. All in all a poor remake.

Under Lights

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2016, 09:03:16 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 11, 2016, 08:40:57 AM
Who doesn't!

McCarron?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hereiam on April 11, 2016, 09:32:10 AM
Watched the latest Mad Max last night. What are film producers smoking. I have no problem with equality between the sexes but my god this whole empowering women thing in the films is starting to get to much. The wife was watching it with me and she even commented that was over the top. The story was rubbish the cast were poor and the CGI was well CGI. All in all a poor remake.

It's a great flick. Hardly a re-make of the original either, I dunno where you get that from. And a lot of the special effects were practical.