Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I thought it was a great film.

As for Emily Blunt's character, the film clearly explains her role - she's there to legally enable the others to do what they do. Josh Brolin has an entire conversation with her about it ffs. The while point of it is that she's nothing more than a pawn.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on March 21, 2016, 04:39:51 PM

As for Emily Blunt's character, the film clearly explains her role - she's there to legally enable the others to do what they do. Josh Brolin has an entire conversation with her about it ffs. The while point of it is that she's nothing more than a pawn.

I didn't miss the scenes gallsman - I just think the film could have happened without her.... I dont think her character adding anything - just my opinion
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

laoislad

Quote from: The Iceman on March 21, 2016, 06:33:00 PM

I didn't miss the scenes gallsman - I just think the film could have happened without her.... I dont think her character adding anything - just my opinion
Well she's hot so there is that...
I actually thought it was a great movie.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on March 21, 2016, 06:33:00 PM

Sorry, wasn't having a go - the point of her (in my opinion) was to add to the futility of the whole thing, which was ultimately the message of the film. A highly valued, qualified, competent FBI agent and she didn't have a fecking clue about the realities of the thing. Blunt was great in it.

Arthur_Friend

Just watched Noah on Netflix. Load of dung.

AFS

Wasn't all that dying on Sicario either. Well acted with a few tense scenes, but thought it needed a bit more to rise above being just good. Liked the stuff with Blunt, though. Thought it was clever the way they set her up as the show's main protagonist, only to let you figure out, almost at the same time as the character on screen, just how insignificant she really was to the whole enterprise.

nrico2006

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2016, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 21, 2016, 03:24:37 PM
Got around to watching Sicario.  Not sure what all the fuss was about... some decent scenes, harrowing content, not sure where they were going with the story or even Emily Blunt's purpose in the whole thing...
5/10

Agree - hugely over rated!

Agreed, was expecting more but thought it was poor enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2016, 08:10:22 AM
Got around to watching Sicario.  Not sure what all the fuss was about... some decent scenes, harrowing content, not sure where they were going with the story or even Emily Blunt's purpose in the whole thing...
5/10

It was one of the best shows of 2015 in my opinion.

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

nrico2006

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 22, 2016, 09:32:31 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2016, 08:10:22 AM
5/10

It was one of the best shows of 2015 in my opinion.

I haven't noticed you on here in a while Up The Middle, forgot how amazing your wee GIF is - spent about a minute just watching it there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Batman v Superman predictably awful. f**king Zack Snyder. There's bad and then there's this bad. A discrace of a movie.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 08:43:30 PM
Batman v Superman predictably awful. f**king Zack Snyder. There's bad and then there's this bad. A discrace of a movie.

Did you ever expect it to be good??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2016, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 08:43:30 PM

Did you ever expect it to be good??

Not in the slightest, hence my use of the phrase "predictably awful" but never in my wildest dreams in did I imagine it would be this bad. If not for the fact that two other friends are seeing it tonight and I can rant at them over it, I'd have walked out.

Tony Baloney

What was the main problem? All crashing and smashing with no plot?

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2016, 09:02:22 PM

Just dreadfully acted, woeful plot, appalling casting choices, not even pretending to disguise the Justice League setup. I didn't feel entertained in anyway whatsoever. Genuinely couldn't wait for it to be over.

heffo

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2016, 09:02:22 PM

Just dreadfully acted, woeful plot, appalling casting choices, not even pretending to disguise the Justice League setup. I didn't feel entertained in anyway whatsoever. Genuinely couldn't wait for it to be over.

Cinema or torrent?