Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on October 07, 2015, 01:27:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2015, 08:08:08 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix
Great show. If you're partial to foreign language movies u should check out The Lives of Others, a German movie.

thanks benny, must check it out

The new / same old Mission Impossible - decent . 7/10. The lead woman, as you'd expect,  is a hunny

have heard Black Mass is good. Its up on Showbox now

Lives of others a fantastic movie!!

screenexile

Anybody know of decent movies on Netflix??

I know the usual Good Will Hunting, Snatch, etc. but are there any that weren't that big at the time that might be good? I watched A Bronx Tale the other night it was brilliant!!

Dinny Breen

Francais Ha Adventureland Warrior In The Wild The Fighter Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Boyz in the Hood The Mist Primer Cube Starship Troopers - are some of my top rated movies on Netflix
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2015, 02:38:05 PM
Francais Ha Adventureland Warrior In The Wild The Fighter Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Boyz in the Hood The Mist Primer Cube Starship Troopers - are some of my top rated movies on Netflix

Sound DB I have seen the ones in bold so there's a decent list to start off with!

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: screenexile on October 07, 2015, 02:21:50 PM

I know the usual Good Will Hunting, Snatch, etc. but are there any that weren't that big at the time that might be good? I watched A Bronx Tale the other night it was brilliant!!

Blue Ruin
Colors
No country for old men

The Iceman

Quote from: theticklemister on September 09, 2015, 12:30:07 AM
Anyone see      'The Return Of The Man Who Never Came Back?'

Heard it was a good show. Think I seen the other one he did - " the trail of the frozen snatter"
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on October 07, 2015, 02:44:28 PM

Blue Ruin
Colors
No country for old men
Will +1 Blue Ruin. An excellent show.

You know the evenings are closing in when the top 2 threads are movie and TV discussions. Since finishing Narcos and Ray Donovan we're short of a few series ourselves.

charlieTully

Beasts of no nation on Netflix now. Serious film. f**king disturbing.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone seen Marco Polo?
is it worth a  watch?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

charlieTully

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 20, 2015, 08:55:44 AM
Anyone seen Marco Polo?
is it worth a  watch?

Yeah it's not bad at all.

Canalman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 07, 2015, 12:55:18 PM
Heard McBeth was very good! Anyone confirm?

Meh. Ok but not great by any means. Was hoping it would be "dumbed down" a bit but was too wordy for me and I didn't understand alot of what was going on. Nice scenery in it.

Wonder what the Scots make of foreigners "doing" the Scottish accent.

5/10.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on October 07, 2015, 02:44:28 PM

Blue Ruin
Colors
No country for old men

Adjustment Bureau -Matt Damon - good show

blewuporstuffed

I watched 'The drop' at the weekend, with Tom Hardy.
I thought it was decent. Hardy is excellent as usual.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Decent run at the cinema at the minute and coming up with Sicario, The Martian, Bond, Star Wars etc. Will reserve judgement on Truth and Steve Jobs.

Soup an Samajiz

that Star Wars trailer though.. very excited have to admit
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people