Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Ach yer hole. It certainly wasn't completely predicitible & was fairly original, it was well received by critics & it was a box office success. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on September 01, 2015, 01:51:31 PM
Well lads... Straight Outta Compton any use?

Streamed a good quality version. Dunno if I'd pay to go to the cinema but def worth watching!

JoG2

What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Southpaw - 8.5/10: superb show

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM
What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:25:25 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

yo, fcuk you and the poooolice !

JoG2

The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix

theticklemister

Anyone see      'The Return Of The Man Who Never Came Back?'

bennydorano

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix
Great show. If you're partial to foreign language movies u should check out The Lives of Others, a German movie.

Soup an Samajiz

Must say im very excited for the new Star Wars film, think its shaping up to be very good and miles away from the over kill computer graphics of the previous 3.

Few good films on that imdb site coming it seems too, Colin Farrell in a In-Bruges-esque dark comedy "The Lobster" seems good. The new Macbeth film and Will Smiths "Concussion" caught my eye too
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

mrdeeds

Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole coming to big screen to be played by Fassbender. The Snowman is novel getting big screen treatment.

Eamonnca1

Just saw The Martian in 3D. Highly recommended. Not quite what I expected. A lot more comic relief than in Gravity.

I must say I like the realism that's coming into sci fi these days, dealing with the actual problems and challenges of space exploration. Some of the science details are a little bit off but it's still informative overall.

StGallsGAA

I just saw Prometheus the other night for the first time.  Brilliant show compared to the crap Alien spin offs.

Man Marker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 04, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
I just saw Prometheus the other night for the first time.  Brilliant show compared to the crap Alien spin offs.

Have seen a couple of times, super show, and as you say considerably superior to the crap Alien spin offs.

Walter Cronc

Heard McBeth was very good! Anyone confirm?

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on September 09, 2015, 08:08:08 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
Great show. If you're partial to foreign language movies u should check out The Lives of Others, a German movie.

thanks benny, must check it out

The new / same old Mission Impossible - decent . 7/10. The lead woman, as you'd expect,  is a hunny

have heard Black Mass is good. Its up on Showbox now