Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Watched 'The Longest Ride' (5.5/10) last night with Clint's lad in it. Quite enjoyed it. Nothing too taxing, fairly run of the mill but inoffensive and a nice couple of hours spent. Tonight, either Interstellar, American Sniper or Fury. Hopi ng for a 7 or 8 out of 10 from one of these.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

JoG2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 10, 2015, 12:07:08 PM
Heard quite good reports for Lone survivor and managed to watch it recently.
Decent show but not brilliant in any way I thought. Liked Taylor Kitch performance never mind Marky Mark's.
There are a lot of these 'war' films about though and it can get a bit tiresome and repetitive at times.
Touch of 'Americaaaaa....f**k yeah!!!!' about them all.

Thought Lone Survivor was first class.  My only regret was not seeing it on the big screen

CD

Quote from: CD on July 10, 2015, 05:12:14 PM
Watched 'The Longest Ride' (5.5/10) last night with Clint's lad in it. Quite enjoyed it. Nothing too taxing, fairly run of the mill but inoffensive and a nice couple of hours spent. Tonight, either Interstellar, American Sniper or Fury. Hopi ng for a 7 or 8 out of 10 from one of these.
American Sniper - 8/10. Brilliant Film. Mr Eastwood does it again.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

gallsman

No way, I thought American Sniper was a 6 at best. Interstellar went up for me after a second viewing so an 8 for it. 8.5 for Fury.

Hereiam

Watched Fury last nite. 6/10 for me. Thought it was a pointless and unrealistic. The last battle scene was just stupid

theticklemister

Night Crawler is best show I've seen in a while.

Watched Jurassic World there. A bit far-fetched I thought.

NAG1

Quote from: theticklemister on July 13, 2015, 12:35:02 AM
Night Crawler is best show I've seen in a while.

Watched Jurassic World there. A bit far-fetched I thought.  - love this  ;) ;) ;) ;)

I know this is the wrong thread but cant find the music thread (cant be bothered looking)
Looking to download some music for summer hols havent done so in ages - any good sites going obviously of the free variety  8)

Hereiam

Jurassic world was awful. Didn't watch the last half hour of it. The whole feel of the movie was wrong and the acting and the script was crap. 4/10.

pullhard

Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2015, 12:43:13 PM
Jurassic world was awful. Didn't watch the last half hour of it. The whole feel of the movie was wrong and the acting and the script was crap. 4/10.
I enjoyed it. liked the nods back to the first movie.

Best in the series since the first one

Soup an Samajiz

Watched Moneyball last week.. I'm sure this one will divide opinions but I thought it was great, Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt - great show
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: CD on July 10, 2015, 10:38:02 PM

Yank propaganda at it's worst. 2.5/10 for Bradley Coopers good acting.

pullhard

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 16, 2015, 04:07:21 PM

Agree with most of this, cooper was good. wasn't overly keen on the plot. but a pleasant way to a few hours

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2015, 02:26:43 AM
Kajaki 9.6/10

Unless someone is diving or skating, 9.6 is not an appropriate score!

tbrick18

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 16, 2015, 04:07:21 PM

+1
Didnt enjoy it at all.
It's OK to kill kids if those kids are putting the lives of american soldiers on foreign soil at risk is the message I took from it.