Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2015, 01:54:18 PM
Went to see Blade Runner: The Final Cut the other night. Class on the big screen but I think we have had enough cuts of this by now!

Any reviews out of Entourage?

Can't imagine Blade Runner being class on any screen.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Brick Tamlin

Jurassic World. If you ignore the previous two films in this franchise then this is a decent addition and picks up after the original film.
Its loud, fun and in your face but its an enjoyable enough romp to entertain for couple hours. Predictable enough plot and you nearly know whats gonna happen around every corner but still doesn't detract from it being a decent film. Chris Pratt's star can only keep rising if he keeps starring in leading roles in these summer blockbusters. Alot of the appeal of the film probably comes down to him. A cert to be the next Indiana Jones too.

Don Johnson

Quote from: NAG1 on June 10, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
Any one ever gone to the Odyssey VIP screens? Is it worth it for a one off thing?

what is the difference etc

cheers

I think they are good tbf, you don't get the dickheads you might get in the normal cinema talking or using their phones. The big seats are class, though you could nearly fall asleep. I have never got the refills though, don't like leaving during the film.

nrico2006

Project Almanac is a good show for any time travel fans out there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2015, 08:54:11 AM
What about for those of us who have never time travelled before?

HiMucker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
The future doesnt look good :)

nrico2006

Going by that frock you were wearing on Saturday I'd say you definitely have.

laoislad

Don't bother watching it as its shite.
It was like a Disney kids film.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Watched Unbroken and The Drop over weekend. Two good movies. The drop based on Denis Lehane short novel.

5 Sams

Havent seen it in years but just watched Black Hawk Down again in HD. Superb movie.
The Aristocrat Years

Windmill abu

Watched "The Gunman" starring Sean Penn, Xavier Bardem & Ray Whinstone, last night. These actors are way too good for this very run of the mill plot. Sean Penn has seriously bulked up for this role. It looks like he is trying to join the over 50 action heroes who are currently in vogue. The film is 4/10 at best.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 04, 2015, 08:22:19 PM
Watched "The Gunman" starring Sean Penn, Xavier Bardem & Ray Whinstone, last night. These actors are way too good for this very run of the mill plot. Sean Penn has seriously bulked up for this role. It looks like he is trying to join the over 50 action heroes who are currently in vogue. The film is 4/10 at best.

Saw the ad on tv.  More than enough.

AZOffaly

I saw Fury there on Sky Movies. Good yarn. Also watched Saving Private Ryan again. Jaysus that Normandy scene is brutal in SPR.

Slight tangent, is there any safe torrents site I could use to download a few movies and things for holidays for the kids? I had bittorrent before, but I'm not sure if it's safe to use. I'll probably be downloading on a work laptop, so i'd like to avoid viruses and the like :)

Alternatively, any equivalent for iOS?

Canalman

Saw the  Wicker Man at the weekend . Years since I seen it previously . Has aged well . Top top film.

JoG2

Ex Machina. Wife really enjoyed it, I thought it was just alright

The first Spongebob Squarepants with junior...good craic