Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2015, 04:31:01 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2015, 02:49:29 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 02:26:56 PM
Can someone explain why Superman and Batman are in a movie together or more so why it would appear that they will actually be battling each other in the movie?

Avengers worked spectacularly for Marvel so DC are chancing their arm at same thing.

Yeah, but the avengers are a team. Batman and Superman are Goodies but apparently they will be fighting. What next? The winner takes on spiderman?

Superman should kick his ass unless Bruce Waynes money buys him a few tonne Cryptonite.

Avengers won't be a team by the next Captain America film. I'm by no means a comic buff but there's a Captain America story arc called Civil War which will be the basis for the next film and the seeds of which will be sown in Age of Ultron. It's just about getting as many A-list superheroes on screen at the same time.

Yeah, saw the Winder soldier film with the Captain and it sowed the seeds for what is to come.

Who's side is Danger Mouse on in all of this?

Tony Baloney

Can someone explain why Superman and Batman are in a movie together or more so why it would appear that they will actually be battling each other in the movie?

Avengers worked spectacularly for Marvel so DC are chancing their arm at same thing.

Yeah, but the avengers are a team. Batman and Superman are Goodies but apparently they will be fighting. What next? The winner takes on spiderman?

Superman should kick his ass unless Bruce Waynes money buys him a few tonne Cryptonite.
And he's batin' tje bllox of Spiderman too. Non-contests before they start.

muppet

After that Scott Quigg, or maybe Amir Khan. The possibilities are endless.
MWWSI 2017

cuconnacht

Quote from: charlieTully on February 18, 2015, 11:12:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 17, 2015, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on February 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
The Mrs dragged me to 50 Shades last night. The experience wasn't quite as bad as I feared. The movie was as terrible as you would imagine.great ride after though so all in a 10/10
Last resort for Mrs Tully, finally drag her man out to get a bit of education and move away from his tiresome caveman approach.

Too true fella. I never realised how much fun duct tape could be. Now I dont even have to listen to her. Chicken dinners all round.
:)+1,move over barry norman  the CT shows rollin into town,the knew critics critic `duck tape`   anall ;D

cuconnacht

Interstellar:8/10,probably a nine on the big screen.Great story not overly complicated not sure about the ending,i stupidly watced it in two sittings and realised Id spoiled another good un  so resigned to see it at a retro few months down.It`ll be worth,somebreath taking photography and direction with plenty of plot and sub plot.

Aestrics

Twentieth Century Boys trilogy from Japan. 9/10

A group of childhood friends reunite to stop an evil cult leader taking over the world, after the events depicted in the story book they wrote come true.

It is set from 1969 to 2017.

Aestrics

The Twentieth Century Boys trilogy is easily my second favourite film trilogy (my favourite being the original Star Wars trilogy).

The Iceman

Paddington: Kids enjoyed it but not as much as the animated. Few laughs in there  - good family movie - 6/10
Wild: Good enough story but missing something. I'd imagine the book was much better as is normally the case 5/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Eamonnca1

Saw Child 44 the other night. Not a cheerful film by any means, but an interesting look at life in Soviet Russia during Stalin's purges. Another Ridley Scott masterpiece.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uia6y9SRsj4

gallsman

Avengers a bit of a mess and nowhere close to the brilliant charm of the first but still a lot of fun. 6/10.

The Iceman

Taken 3. Very different to the first two efforts this one had a bit of character development which is strange given its supposedly the last one. Not as much action but enjoyable all the same. Better than the second installment but not as good as the first. 6/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Watched the Voices with Ryan Reynolds last night. Looked reasonable in preview. Horror/comedy.
Atrocious. Skipped 40 mins of it to see the ending which was as bad as the rest. 2/10 stay clear

screenexile

Is it just me or has there been very little to be excited about the last while??

50fiftyball

I thought Avengers : Age of Ultron was great. A solid 7.5/8 out of 10. Plenty of big names in it, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, RDJ to name a few.

There's a movie I've wanted to rent out for some time - Interstellar, Matthew McConaughey. Is it a must-watch?

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on May 06, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
Is it just me or has there been very little to be excited about the last while??

Kingsman is a good watch 7.8/10