Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 16, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
Was going to watch Fury on Showbox but it doesn't seem to have the whole movie there, only 90 odd minutes of footage.
They have it on HD Cinema.   Similar app available on android.  You have to download it through the web rather than through the app store.

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on March 16, 2015, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 16, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
Was going to watch Fury on Showbox but it doesn't seem to have the whole movie there, only 90 odd minutes of footage.
They have it on HD Cinema.   Similar app available on android.  You have to download it through the web rather than through the app store.

Will have to give it a go, good man.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smort

Focus 6/10 - And margot robbie attributes for 2 of them points

5 Sams

Watched The Football Factory last night. Excellent.
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 15, 2015, 01:03:56 PM

Very good alright. Green Street also excellent imo.

Have to say I like Danny Dyer as an actor.

gallsman

Quote from: Canalman on April 15, 2015, 01:15:47 PM

Please tell me you are kidding. Green Street is abominable.

Canalman

Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2015, 03:01:32 PM

Please tell me you are kidding. Green Street is abominable.

Nope. Once you can get your head wrapped around the casting of the lead actor it is a good flick. I certainly enjoyed it . Imo of course.

Orior

Football Factory is very watchable, and a division above Green Street.

I watched Basic Instinct again last night. Very good film.

Last week I watched The Descendants - a brilliant film and great soundtrack
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

The poor man's Vincent Jones

Bingo

Can someone explain why Superman and Batman are in a movie together or more so why it would appear that they will actually be battling each other in the movie?

nrico2006

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 02:26:56 PM
Can someone explain why Superman and Batman are in a movie together or more so why it would appear that they will actually be battling each other in the movie?

Most stupid idea ever, plus Superman v Batman is no contest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Avengers worked spectacularly for Marvel so DC are chancing their arm at same thing.

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2015, 02:49:26 PM

Most stupid idea ever, plus Superman v Batman is no contest.
Agreed, ridiculous. Superman is a fictional character whilst Batman is a real guy. Situation would never arise.

Bingo

Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Avengers worked spectacularly for Marvel so DC are chancing their arm at same thing.

Yeah, but the avengers are a team. Batman and Superman are Goodies but apparently they will be fighting. What next? The winner takes on spiderman?

Superman should kick his ass unless Bruce Waynes money buys him a few tonne Cryptonite.

gallsman

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

Yeah, but the avengers are a team. Batman and Superman are Goodies but apparently they will be fighting. What next? The winner takes on spiderman?

Superman should kick his ass unless Bruce Waynes money buys him a few tonne Cryptonite.

Avengers won't be a team by the next Captain America film. I'm by no means a comic buff but there's a Captain America story arc called Civil War which will be the basis for the next film and the seeds of which will be sown in Age of Ultron. It's just about getting as many A-list superheroes on screen at the same time.