Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Norf Tyrone

American Sniper- 6/10. I watched it over 3 sittings which may have meant I lost the tension in it.

Big Hero 6- 9/10. Brilliant. One for all the family!

Unbroken- 7.5 ish/10. Very good too. Goes on about 15 mins too long, but excellent all the same.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

STREET FIGHTER

Dawn of the planet of the apes- absolutely terrible........

ballinaman

Whiplash....daycent. 7.5/10. Serious acting. Jazz is shite on the otherhand.

charlieTully

The Mrs dragged me to 50 Shades last night. The experience wasn't quite as bad as I feared. The movie was as terrible as you would imagine.great ride after though so all in a 10/10

Santino

nrico2006

I watched American Sniper over two sittings and thought it was ok.  Saw John Wick there and was pretty good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Calvary: 8/10 - Gripping show. Me and the Mrs both commented afterwards that we felt like we were there.

John Wick: 6/10 Very watchable - they should have left the poor dog alone.....

Fury: 8/10 great show - best war film in a while
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Last Man

+1 on Fury, great show. Brad certainly revels in taking out Nazis.

Main Street

Quote from: charlieTully on February 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
The Mrs dragged me to 50 Shades last night. The experience wasn't quite as bad as I feared. The movie was as terrible as you would imagine.great ride after though so all in a 10/10
Last resort for Mrs Tully, finally drag her man out to get a bit of education and move away from his tiresome caveman approach.

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on February 17, 2015, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on February 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
Last resort for Mrs Tully, finally drag her man out to get a bit of education and move away from his tiresome caveman approach.

Too true fella. I never realised how much fun duct tape could be. Now I dont even have to listen to her. Chicken dinners all round.

The Iceman

Reclaim: 6/10 Watchable. Acting was a little off and not sure what kind of look they were going for with the camera work. Gripping subject matter.
Hercules: 6/10 certainly watchable - the Rock is a bear of a man he has some chemicals in his system at this point.
The Immigrant (Mrs wanted to watch it) 5/10 she gave it a 7/10 I didn't think it was nominee material
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Run All Night - actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would considering it is about the 15th movie in a row of Liam Neeson punching, shooting and driving very fast to protect a member of his family. 7.5/10.
Surely he would have been a better Reacher than Tom Cruise considering he is roughly the correct height and build, albeit too old.

tbrick18

71 - Decent enough, 6.5/10
Fury - One of the best films I've seen in a long time. 9/10

nrico2006

Was going to watch Fury on Showbox but it doesn't seem to have the whole movie there, only 90 odd minutes of footage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'