Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annapr

A walk among the tombstones was rubbish imo.
Liam Neeson does my head in most of the time anyway.

NAG1

Quote from: annapr on January 22, 2015, 03:24:27 PM
A walk among the tombstones was rubbish imo.
Liam Neeson does my head in most of the time anyway.

Agreed

Since he has found this action type genre he has done some mediocre stuff among some decent stuff.

foxcommander

Quote from: BenDover on January 22, 2015, 03:13:37 PM
Watched The Equaliser last night, Denzel once again impressive good enough movie storyline a bit far fetched but not to taxing on the brain.
There is only one Equalizer

Denzil my hole.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

CD

I'm usually a year behind with the movies but finally got around to watching a couple this week - The Book Thief and Calvary. Both excellent - 7 out of 10 and I'd strongly recommend. A few annoying things in Calvary - just too many degenerates in one place, Aiden Gillen's ridiculous accent, the pub scenes but Brendan Gleeson is so strong he makes everything else acceptable. Very enjoyable show with a satisfactory ending. The Book Thief was very faithful to the novel and Mrs CD enjoyed it too!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

annapr

American Sniper very good.
Anyone else notice the GAA jerseys hanging in the bar at the start?

JoG2

Taken 3 - on  a par with Taken 2. 6.2/10
The Imitation Game - First class movie.  8.7/10

The Worker

Anyone viewed the bird man , any use?

HiMucker

Right films I seen recently.

American sniper- very good but full of USA propaganda bullshit 7.5/10

Interstellar- really enjoyed it.  Thought provoking and bit of a head fcuk 8.5/10

Taken 3- pure muck.  Plot holes everywhere 3/10

John Wick - hitman comes out of retirement when gangsters kill his dog.  Good action show 7/10

Kill the messenger -  insight into the origins of the crack epidemic in The states.  Jeremy Renner is very good as reporter Gary Webb.  Another good show 7/10

A most violent year -  didn't get the fuss about it.  A bit slow, but superb acting.  Bubbles along waiting for something to explode but doesn't get there 6/10

annapr

Milltown Row2

Watched the Hurricane tonight. Fell asleep watching years ago, too much wine but watched it tonight. Great show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Watched Gone Girl, went on a bit and the ending was up there with the worst I have seen in a while.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

The Drop was fantastic viewing. 8/10 Sneaks up on you. Tom Hardy put in his best performance.

Big Hero 6 - great show for the family. 7/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JoG2

John Wick - 8/10. Good action flick

Up The Middle

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on February 02, 2015, 04:19:31 PM
The Drop was fantastic viewing. 8/10 Sneaks up on you. Tom Hardy put in his best performance.

Big Hero 6 - great show for the family. 7/10

I thought the Drop was poor man's Mystic River. Same author too.