Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on October 01, 2014, 01:53:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2014, 01:40:22 PM
Youse need to wise up.

Just because there's not títs in it, not even a wee ewe (pronounced 'yoo' in the glens) for you to ogle,

Well said Johnny, all that man is interested in is Tits and Tractors (and Curry Chips).
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jell 0 Biafra

Saw "The Drop" at the weekend.  Gandlofini's last film.  Excellent stuff.

mikehunt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2013, 09:25:49 PM
Quote from: Canalman on March 23, 2013, 02:18:28 PM
2 films on telly this weekend worth watching imo

Kill List on Ch 4 Sat night 11.15pm. A headwrecker of a flick . Have selfish reasons for recommending it as I am curious as to how others think of it. Very odd.

W    T    F[/color]

First thing, no 2nd thing I said after watching Kill List is I feel sorry for the person who came up with that ending. First thing I said was obviously "WTF". The Nordie boy was on some show on UTV /BBC show lately cycling around the north chatting to locals. I was waiting for him to start stabbing some auld wan.

Seen a French film once call Irreversible, Kill List is up there with it as being the most fcuked up film I've seen.

screenexile

Quote from: mikehunt on October 01, 2014, 04:51:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2013, 09:25:49 PM
Quote from: Canalman on March 23, 2013, 02:18:28 PM
2 films on telly this weekend worth watching imo

Kill List on Ch 4 Sat night 11.15pm. A headwrecker of a flick . Have selfish reasons for recommending it as I am curious as to how others think of it. Very odd.

W    T    F[/color]

First thing, no 2nd thing I said after watching Kill List is I feel sorry for the person who came up with that ending. First thing I said was obviously "WTF". The Nordie boy was on some show on UTV /BBC show lately cycling around the north chatting to locals. I was waiting for him to start stabbing some auld wan.

Seen a French film once call Irreversible, Kill List is up there with it as being the most fcuked up film I've seen.

Worse than Human Centipede??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 01, 2014, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 01, 2014, 01:53:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 01, 2014, 01:40:22 PM
Youse need to wise up.

Just because there's not títs in it, not even a wee ewe (pronounced 'yoo' in the glens) for you to ogle,

Well said Johnny, all that man is interested in is Tits and Tractors (and Curry Chips).
Banged to rights and you two are a perfect pair of tits.

Any film with a dodgy Irish accent goes straight to the bin.

johnneycool

Anyone sat through Irving Welshes 'Filth' last night, rare show to say the least, but not unexpected as I'd read his book 'Acid House' years ago.

Strangely intriguing was how I'd put it.

Eamonnca1

Saw Fury last night.

Very Saving Private Ryanesque.  Horrifying combat scenes. A little island of domestic normality halfway through suddenly gets very tense. The biblical theme is laid on a bit thick, but still a good show, if a little far fetched towards the end.

Can't say too much without spoiling it.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGvZoIrXpg

trileacman

Lock, stock is a good show with plenty of entertainment.

Snatch is shite rolled through the dirt.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

Just saw Whiplash. Gripping stuff, and a stunning ending. If you absolutely can't stand jazz then it might not be your thing, but if you don't mind it then it's worth a look.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOksqh1Td0

Tony Baloney

Watched Gone Girl last night. Enjoyable if a little bonkers in final third.

charlieTully

Quote from: johnneycool on October 10, 2014, 01:57:42 PM
Anyone sat through Irving Welshes 'Filth' last night, rare show to say the least, but not unexpected as I'd read his book 'Acid House' years ago.

Strangely intriguing was how I'd put it.

filth is one of my fav books, pretty much impossible to catch fully in a film, but they done a good job, its one of them movies that is impossible to get unless you have read the book imo. McAvoy plays the lead role pretty well. same rules apply.

Capt Pat

Fury was a great war movie.

9 out of 10.

Canalman

Seen Shame last night, well to be accurate the first 30 mnutes of it or so before switching off.

Keep an eye out for Adventureland on RTE I think next Friday night. Excellent and charming film.

gallsman

Massively disappointed with Interstellar. 5/10

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2014, 10:51:08 PM
Massively disappointed with Interstellar. 5/10
The missus said it felt like it was on for 10 hours.